I heard from AERIS today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid, i'm sure to be using the wrong terminology, I only see one graph. Sounds like the AERIS folks are hard at work on solutions.

fdog:
Atmos2 w/ USB.

On 3 different PC's it will cheerfully:

Lose blocks of dives;
Refuse to download new dives without downloading them all;
Then not show the new ones.
And (almost forgot this) occasionally, insist on a reboot before restarting the program.

The dive computer is really great. The desktop software is an Access kludge.

All the best, James

Hee hee. That's a funny post! Sorry about the problems though fdog.

fdog:
Atmos2 w/ USB.
Lose blocks of dives;
Refuse to download new dives without downloading them all;
Then not show the new ones.

same here, with the addition of not saving the new dives when you actually do get to see them. Aces! This has happened on two different installs/databases. I like to check the dives out when it does work so I hope they fix it in a new version.

plankspanker:
same here, with the addition of not saving the new dives when you actually do get to see them. Aces! This has happened on two different installs/databases. I like to check the dives out when it does work so I hope they fix it in a new version.
O' Henry!!! Waaaazzzzzzaaaaaaappp!

I have the Atmos2 as well.

It has been pretty good about downloading dives, but the software is marginally useful. It's very bare bones...no pictures can be uploaded, etc. And it crashes on me a *lot*. And how about not being able to copy out of your log and paste into another program? Really crappy software for sure, but I LOVE the computer.

We just got Scubase (my bro and I). It's fantastic...much more full featured with a critter database, the ability to add pictures (I add the NOAA swell graphic from the day to my dive log), etc. It can grab all your dive data right from the Aeris software. So all I'm using the Aeris software for now is to do the download.

Gregg

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
We just got Scubase (my bro and I). It's fantastic...much more full featured with a critter database, the ability to add pictures (I add the NOAA swell graphic from the day to my dive log), etc. It can grab all your dive data right from the Aeris software. So all I'm using the Aeris software for now is to do the download.

Gregg

Gregg,

Thanks for the heads up on Scubase. I am playing with the trial version (I have Oceanic Versa Pro) and I love it. I will only use my Oceanlog SW (similar to the Aeris SW) for download.

Toadie:
The only issue I have with the graphs, is that for some reason, my colors are screwed up. I can't read any of the text.

Did you ever get that issue figured out? Exactly the same thing is happening to me, and I've installed on 3 different computers, run in compatibility mode, etd. with no luck.

Problems I have had deal with the cable connection to the wrist computer. The Three pin end is a real sloppy fit and can angle off the contacts. Looking at the back of the computer you will see the pins of the cable pop off the contacts if you wiggle the cable at all. Since I found this out things have worked much better as I make sure to install the cable very carefully and then not move it.

I wrote to Aeris about the program as well and from some of the other posts I guess the overall concencius is "it sucks". I use it to download then transfer files to Dive Log 3.0. This program works well and gives me enough log info. I demoed scubase with mixed views, simpler program was a-ok.

Toadie:
Well I used my Elite for the first time this week in Cozumel and the dives downloaded without any issues. I think the bar graph feature is awesome... it helps me replay my dives in my head and it let's me see where my problem areas are.

The only issue I have with the graphs, is that for some reason, my colors are screwed up. I can't read any of the text.

Are you using a non-default theme in Windows? If so, try setting the theme to the default.

Back
Top Bottom