Suggestion I have to tell you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
M

MikeFerrara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
and it's meant to be constructive but the pop up adds that flash in my face when I post or something are about as irritating as a thing gets. I suppose i'm sensitive to things like that but it's about like geting poked in the ribs over and over and I'll make it a point not to buy anything from some one who pays to have something like that flash in my face.

MikeFerrara:
No this flahes up lower on the screen and then goes away.

Mike read what Nay said in post 9 of this thread. Scubatoys only has a banner ad with us at the top. We do not allow any pop ups.

ok thanks.

No pop ups here.

I'm backing Natasha and Pete and Jonnythan.. notta pop up on the site - the advertising policy doesn't allow it as most of us are IT in background and would rather eat a hot iron than do something so annoying.

IF you are still experiencing the issue after you run Spybot & AdAware, I've got some other tools you can use if your more tech suave.

Be careful where you download free spyware software from. I downloaded Adaware and Spysweeper, and one of them *contained* spyware that so deeply embedded itself into my registry, I had to format my hard drive to get rid of it. Clever way of distributing spyware. I hope whoever's idea that was gets a really bad rash. And crotch bees.
They are good, but just be careful where you get them. Do some research first.

It sounds to me like you aren't getting any spyware as I know Larry doesn't run advertising with many other websites and certainly not any "shady" companies. Correct me if I am wrong but when you go to post if the ScubaToys banner appears it is placed lower on the page then it should be (i.e. it's not in the top bar)? I would assume this doesn't happen every time you go to post as the banners display in a rotatin pattern? Does this happen when using the quick reply box at the end of a thread page?

SueMermaid:
Be careful where you download free spyware software from. I downloaded Adaware and Spysweeper, and one of them *contained* spyware that so deeply embedded itself into my registry, I had to format my hard drive to get rid of it. Clever way of distributing spyware. I hope whoever's idea that was gets a really bad rash. And crotch bees.
They are good, but just be careful where you get them. Do some research first.

A timely warning ...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/216184_spyware16.html

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I will second Soggy, the MS antispyware utility has had the best results at our office, with about 300 PCs we have tried most of them at one time or another. The MS antispyware also is an active blocker so if it detects something it thinks is spyware trying to install itself, it tells you, and has some other nice features to reset your browser back to the defaults.

TTSkipper

Back
Top Bottom