I Have to Ask What Happened???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I went out to the local fireworks stand this afternoon to get some noisemakers for tonight's festivities. I bought a case of those projectiles that you drop into a tube and it launches high into the sky and looks like real fireworks.

I checked out what I had bought when I got home. What I had was basically a 50 millimeter morter with 36 shells. Most interesting was the inscription on the side of the launching tube.

Close your eyes and imagine what may have happened to promulgate this.....
On the side of the tube is written "Do not place head over tube."

I don't have a clue - I can't even guess......

2073413P1012547aaa.JPG

I was trying to find my pic of the"don't drink the toilet water" sign complete with brail to go along with this. What happened? Worthless scumsucking spawn of the devil better off dead like to kill em myself lawyers.

LOL! In yesterday's LA Times, Steve Harvey had a hilarious photo of an electrical utility box with an odd message on it: "High voltage - do not urinate on this box." One does have to wonder...

There was a time when stupid people were self limiting. I miss those days.

After watching the intoxicated Canadians on the beach (they were proudly flaunting both status symbols last night), the phrase "RUNAWAY" while those who couldn't move fast enough cowered close to the tube and showers of exploding fireworks rained across the humble little seaside resort (and Marvels apt building) they were staying in.

Ahhh.. young, dumb, 'ignarnt'... not as bad as the rectal fireworks launcher, or lack there of, that can be found on youtube.com.... buttrocket I think it was called.

Tom Smedley:
I checked out what I had bought when I got home. What I had was basically a 50 millimeter mortar with 36 shells.

Did you remember to yell FIRE IN THE HOLE ??

:rofl3:

I did remember when the policeman came up and I carried the residual into the house. He demanded all my fireworks or a $300 ticket. I meekly told him that I only had two left and handed them over.

The rookey policeman (who thought he had a bunch of teenagers but indeed had a bunch of retired militrary folks) was wishing he were somewhere else at this time but gladly took the two projectiles from me and left the scene.

I got there just in time as Wendel ( a Lowndes County denizen) was offering to pay the three bills if we could just finish our fireworks show. We convinced the noveau cop that the AK-47 fire in the distance was more menacing than ours and he left with my two bombs.

My mother - who lives up in the country where there are no such fireworks laws - is happy that I have some left over to offer her a private show.

Oh well! Ob la dee ob la dah - Life goes on!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom