I have slightly different twist on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
questions asked before.

I had to miss DEMA last year, but have a Delta ticket to Miami that I need to use by October. So based upon arriving in Miami, where do I go?

I'd like a broad cross-section of FL diving....doing the SG, Duane, or Bibb would be cool. Seeing coral, sealife etc...is also a biggie as I will be bringing my video camera.

There are probably a bunch of posts already out there, but I don't know FL geography. I suppose I could go look at a map.

TIA

you don't have far to go. go slightly north to Ft. Lauderdale for awesome shore diving, and go slightly south to Key Largo for awesome boat diving and the wrecks you mention.

H2Andy:
you don't have far to go. go slightly north to Ft. Lauderdale for awesome shore diving, and go slightly south to Key Largo for awesome boat diving and the wrecks you mention.

Well put H2ANDY.

Joe

behind. You're only going to need a 3mm, maybe a shorty. Water will be 80's about that time. Several good books on Florida diving available, Ned Deloch's is probably the best "Florida Diving" (someone correct me with the proper title).

You'll find a lot of great dive buddies from the board down here. If you like wrecks, there are a bunch between Miami and West Palm. I have dived off just about every boat along this coast and I haven't had a bad operation experience yet. Hit the Keys as well, and get wet whereever. You won't be disappointed. Capt. Slate's Atlantis and Ocean Diver's are the only two I have tried in Key Largo. Further south than that may be a drive depending on how long you'll be in town.

Good operations in Broward/Dade counties that I have experienced.

Jupiter Dive Center - Jupiter
Narcosis - W. Palm
Pro Dive - Lauderdale
Brownie's - Lauderdale
H2O Scuba - Miami
Captain Slate's - N. Key Largo
Ocean Diver's - S. Key Largo

And many others that I can't remember right now.

The reef systems are different along the coast. The Pu-Pu platter of South Florida diving, to me would be a boat dive from Boynton, a beach dive down at Lauderdale By the Sea, a boat out of Key Largo, and do the Marquesas if you can.

Thanks....sounds like I have lots of options....maybe thats why you guys/gals dive so often!

I have my steady boats that I dive every week, and then I try one to two new boats each month.

[QUOTE Ned Deloch's [book] is probably the best "Florida Diving" (someone correct me with the proper title).[/QUOTE]

"Ned Deloach's Diving Guide to
UNDERWATER FLORIDA"

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom