I hate my new drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skinny leaky wrists...go for a dry glove set up.

If you are practicing with your drysuit in the pool...remember 2 things
1. You are hotter then hell and being hot and trying to focus...is frustrating
2. You sweat like a pig...condensation will build up fast...you will feel like your suit is leaking.

I suggest finding an instructor that will train you outside so you can wear your unders and get the "real feel"...also it gives you an appreciation for how warm you are instead of freezing your ass off.:D

Skinny leaky wrists...go for a dry glove set up.

If you are practicing with your drysuit in the pool...remember 2 things
1. You are hotter then hell and being hot and trying to focus...is frustrating
2. You sweat like a pig...condensation will build up fast...you will feel like your suit is leaking.

I suggest finding an instructor that will train you outside so you can wear your unders and get the "real feel"...also it gives you an appreciation for how warm you are instead of freezing your ass off.:D

I agree with this 100%. I do 99% of drysuit training at a local beach that fits the definition of "confined water". Most shell type suits are painfully uncomfortable without significant undies, as well as having substantially different air handling characteristics. If the student is wearing enough undies to make the suit behave, he will cook in most pools. It is definitely best to train in the temps where a DS performs best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom