I guess we can all just put our regulators away fro good! (LOL-ha haaa!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
Revolutionary Scuba Mask Creates Breathable Oxygen Underwater On Its Own | Minds[h=2]Revolutionary Scuba Mask Creates Breathable Oxygen Underwater On Its Own[/h] 22 hours ago

Designer Jeabyun Yeon has created something great. Essentially it turns humans into fish.

"Triton uses a new technology of artificial gill model.
- It extracts oxygen under water through a filter in the form of fine threads with holes smaller than water molecules.
- This is a technology developed by a Korean scientist that allows us to freely breathe under water for a long time.
- Using a very small but powerful micro compressor, it compresses oxygen and stores the extracted oxygen in storage tank.
- The micro compressor operates through micro battery.
- The micro battery is a next-generation technology with a size 30 times smaller than current battery that can quickly charge 1,000 times faster." - Yanko Design
Spotlight-Odd-Looking-Scuba-Mask-Turns-You-Into-a-Fish.jpg

triton.jpg

triton3.jpg

triton2.jpg

I want 1! Or maybe 7! Only issue is it supplies oxygen so I'll never be able to dive below 6m. Looks like I'm not gonna need anything more than cmas 1*, yay!:stooges:

---------- Post added January 15th, 2014 at 07:17 AM ----------

You think he could add a set of counter lungs and a similar sort of system for scrubbing CO2? Fill her up with some inert gas and you're good to go! With some electronic gizmos of course.

Looks like a shiny regulator casing filled with used pinball machine parts!

I suspect this is a concept drawing based on technology that does not exist yet. It will probably happen someday, it will be cool when it does.

if they actually made a working prototype, that's fantastic. Maybe now they can use those batteries in my damn phone so it doesn't need to charge every 4 hours. And then I can sell a kidney to buy this "artificial gill"

Do you have a dail to configure nitrox "on the fly"?

The way I read this, it filters dissolved O2 from the water. It doesn't electrolyze to separate oxygen and hydrogen as gas outputs. That'd mean (dissolved oxygen) it would need to filter many hundreds of litres of water per minute, to sustain a diver. It's basically implausible....

The way I read this, it filters dissolved O2 from the water. It doesn't electrolyze to separate oxygen and hydrogen as gas outputs. That'd mean (dissolved oxygen) it would need to filter many hundreds of litres of water per minute, to sustain a diver. It's basically implausible....

It's a pity because it would be really awesome.

So would be a pill that cut 10lb of fat, or a 5-minute abs routine that gave you a six-pack in 2 weeks.... but all remain distinctively on the fantasy side of the line...

It's the best joke I've heard this year. Now excuse me but I have some work to do, I have some troubles calibrating the dilithium crystal from my warp engine. Need to make a short trip to Alpha centauri.

I detect cynicism in the comments both here, and on line in other places like FB and such regarding this device.
I do not understand why.
We have a picture of the device, and I personally believe everything I see on the internet.

Chug
French Model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom