i got a boat, now who wants to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sounds great, gang!
thanks for all the wise info as well....
i didn't think about the boarding part....yes, 8'6" beam...points well taken. thanks.

as for the diving...i just have to figure out when! =) we just had a new baby boy!! i hope to dive w/ him someday!

the boat is the the marina here in long beach....full tank of fuel.....

i wouldn't need any payment, and i eat just about anything....maybe you could all help me scrub the bottom of the boat and save me some monthly cleaning fees! =)

to be continued,
thanks again for the advice,

-dan

ps> i have been meaning to get rescue certified...any instructors here?

deputydan1:
sounds great, gang!
as for the diving...i just have to figure out when! =) we just had a new baby boy!! i hope to dive w/ him someday!

the boat is the the marina here in long beach....full tank of fuel.....

i wouldn't need any payment, and i eat just about anything....maybe you could all help me scrub the bottom of the boat and save me some monthly cleaning fees! =)

With an offer like that, how can we pass it up?:14: Sounds like you're pretty well setup. My son just turned 3 so I totally know what you mean. Just curious, which marina in LB... East (alamitos bay) or west (shoreline village)?

Cheers,

Tom

I'll be happy to go! I would suggest make room for four divers. Buddy teams dive while other do their SI. That way there is always help topside. Or one "first mate" who is a non diver to help as needed, guard the boat, hail additional help, etc.

Congrats on your new baby!

...and the kid too :wink:

lol!

great one, robert! i am enjoying both babies right now...although one of them needs much more attention, guess which one that is!

anyhoot...great idea on having 2 teams....makes perfect sense.

let's assume 4 divers for now...

maybe what i'll do is throw out some dates and see what works out best.

btw, i don't have a cold water wetsuit...do you think i would need a 7mil for catalina at this time of year?

-dan

hi tom,
man....let's get our kids a c-card asap. that would be great to make some diving memories together, eh?

anyhow, i am in the alamitos bay....marina pacifica.

the boat is 26', 28' (w/ the platform); 4 divers would be nice and snug...

more to come!

-dan

deputydan1:
lol!

great one, robert! i am enjoying both babies right now...although one of them needs much more attention, guess which one that is!

anyhoot...great idea on having 2 teams....makes perfect sense.

let's assume 4 divers for now...

maybe what i'll do is throw out some dates and see what works out best.

btw, i don't have a cold water wetsuit...do you think i would need a 7mil for catalina at this time of year?

-dan

YES! (or a drysuit)

Dan, I just started diving dry and I am fairly certain that is also how royalty dive! As far as submersible baby strollers go though, I will have a look otherwise it might be a couple years.

I have a buddy that lives in building 15 at the Marina Pacifica... nice place! I live just off second street.

4 divers should be be a problem. It will just require good organization!

Hey Dan,

My name is Kenny and I live over in Torrance. Got certified when I was 13 (now 24) but haven't dived in the last couple years but my family is getting back into it.Just finished getting newer gear and all so I'm almost ready to hit it again. Just gotta do a refresher and I would love to join you on your boat. Have to bug my father and uncle cause they know a couple of good spots to go to.

Kenny:mooner::crafty:

I'd be happy to scrub the bottom of the boat in exchange for some dive time. Aside from Catalina, there are a lot of really nice Palos Verdes spots that are excellent dives but are just too much of a PITA from the shore. Christmas tree cove comes to mind, but also the area by the archery range and the trump golf course is promising.

As others have said, a current line and float are essential if you are going to be diving off the boat. I've also heard you want a small, light, petite girl who doesn't dive to man the ship when everyone is off in the water, lest the boat be stolen or the anchor give way and you meet the boat coming down while you are coming up :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom