I Finally Found a SCUBA Home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawk

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi! I have been trying to find a message board where I can read and post questions and learn. I tried one other board (which shall remain nameless) and soon found out, after only one post, that the people there only wanted to talk to you if you had a lot of experience or money. I came here and read a lot of your posts and found this place to be very much to my liking! I post a lot at a couple of football boards (I'm a big Seahawk fan) and the people here remind me of the people on there.

I got my open water certification in late April and have not been able to go since due to lack of gear and lack of someone to dive with. Hopefully soon I can remedy this and be enjoying diving in the real world. In the meantime I now have a place where I can learn before I go and make the mistakes myself.

Thanks for letting me post here, I hope you enjoy having me around as much as I have allready enjoyed reading some of the things you have written.

Welcome Hawk!
Since football season is almost here I am sure that you will make it to Seattle to see your favorite team? Bring your dive gear too & we'll get wet!

-kate

Welcome a-board from Sunny Central Ohio (Where the water is green and shallow too!!) <S>

I agree - this board is the best one I have found out there!

Hawk,

Who said we were not interested in your money. We will be very interested in it until you have none (a slight paraphrase of Woody Allen).

And my "Well" was the start of a misspelled "Welcome"! Yep, this is the place to be! The folks here always happy to see a new face and to hear about his/her adventures in the blue (or the green of Ohio).

Enjoy the Board and enjoy the Diving!

Joewr (whom you may regret having met without being properly introduced)

Hey Hawk,

Welcome to the boards from Texas and the Texas swamp diving team and to the wonderful world of diving. Sorry I'm with Joe... I'm a cold water wussie. I don't even like the cold water quarries we have around here, but I'll still dive them.

Tom

Hey there Hawk, we're glad you decided to join us, it's great to have you aboard! Many of us feel like family here, so I'd like to welcome you to it!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Thanks to all, I didn't quite expect that kind of a response that soon! Yes, I do make it up to Seattle for games, I have season tickets. Problem is that most of the time I have to drive right up and back since it takes six hours each way. I'm sure that I could plan an extra day where the wife and I could stay over sometime though. Thanks for the invitation.

Later, Hawk.

Back
Top Bottom