I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't knock JB Weld, They almost used that on my lower back a few years ago before deciding that the break would heal by itself.

Michael

We're approaching 5 months since I broke my leg. I've gotten a little done, but not much. Just as I'm getting my leg to feel better, Sciatica is popping up. I have yelled, gasped, screamed and cursed the gods more in the last few days than I ever did with my fractured tibia and fibia. This getting old really sucks, but it beats the alternative!

So, I've been learning CAD and designing stuff.

We're approaching 5 months since I broke my leg. I've gotten a little done, but not much. Just as I'm getting my leg to feel better, Sciatica is popping up. I have yelled, gasped, screamed and cursed the gods more in the last few days than I ever did with my fractured tibia and fibia. This getting old really sucks, but it beats the alternative!

So, I've been learning CAD and designing stuff.

Pretty common after an injury. I got it after one and it sucked. Google the stretches for it. They really help. But obviously, you may be limited in the stretches you can do with the bum leg.

Very important to get exercise, keep mobile but keep weight off injury. You need a grownup version of this item:

C73C198C-6C9D-4CA3-B4E7-83C67ECB7EBE.jpeg

Yeah, sciatica sucks donkey balls. Sorry to hear. I actually get some relief from Biofreeze. Sitting on a tennis ball on the “hot spot” helps, too.

I have been known to take my roller-ball into the bathtub with me so I can float on it and target the pain point....

Very important to get exercise, keep mobile but keep weight off injury.

Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear that the healing process has been slow and difficult.

I just got back from riding my bike on "my circuit." The right type of exercise does help. For me, the bike keeps my joints tight while not exacerbating the pain in my left hip and both knees (no impact exercising). My exercise routine combined with stretching exercises also help with other issues.

Unfortunately, it is not a "one-n-done" regimen. It is a daily and weekly thing. Otherwise, I auger into the ditch (the ditch of misery and pain).

Hang in there Bro!

m

Update: healing has happened. Now, I'm working on stamina. Oh, I still have aches and pains, but they're happening more and more in different parts of the body. I get tired so easily now, but I'm improving. Yesterday I was in Home Depot and didn't find myself plotting my visit to insure I was taking the fewest steps possible :D DEMA was hard on me, but I succeeded. It's good to improve.

full-d-1575205919-jpg.552807

NetDoc's Infamous Buttermilk Biscuits
Speaking of improving, I about perfected my Buttermilk Biscuit recipe this morning. They've been tasting great and are fluffy soft, but have been kind of flat. I cut down on the butter, made everything chill and allowed the biscuits to touch. Wow. They look and taste awesome as well as being super light and fluffy. We had Biscuits and sausage gravy this morning. When I crumbled the biscuit for the gravy, the inner steam burned my pinkies. Nice!

Preheat oven to 500F & put grater in the freezer (no, it's not a typo)
2 cups Lily four (accept no substitutes)
1 Tbs Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tbs Sugar
Mix together well and chill in freezer for 20 minutes if flour not already cold
Grate 1/2 stick FROZEN butter
Mix together well again.
2 eggs
3/4 cup Buttermilk (accept no substitutes)
Mix until things are just blended. (Too much will harden the biscuits)
Bake for 16.5 minutes (for my oven, anyway)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom