I feel so lucky!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j_spot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
And here is why

Last January, I got to come to Maui, stayed in Kihei and dove the site (molokini) the got me into scuba. Amazing trip, first warm water dives. This was my 3rd trip to Maui, but 1st as a diver. I basically lived off the advice from Maui Revealed and could find no fault to any of the advice in the book.

In 1 month, I am going to Oahu, :D staying in Ko 'Olina. Im in the process of planning my dives, haven't decided who with yet (Capt Bruce, Ocean Concepts and AAA - was leaning towards Bruce until I saw the review in Oahu Revealed that they were "too friendly" with critters). But the girlfriend has dove with them before and said they were good. Any recomendations? - We dove with Mike Seversns in Maui and loved them.

Which waterfall dayhike would you do, more interested in spectacle of a big fall, being close to the falls stuff like that - not concerned about length of hike if it the view warrants the work. I was leaning towards Waimea (hey, maybe ill see Kate, Sawyer, Paulo or Nikki) or La'ie. Should I forgo that for Manoa? What falls would you choose? Sacred Falls would be nice, but they are closed (boooo to your litigious society!)

THEN, in February I will be going to Kauai for 1 week, staying in Princeville. Havent even started looking at info for this other than buying Kauai Revealed. I'll ask more questions later if need be.

Guess come Feb I need to start planning my Big Island trip (Kailua Kona?) area. Then all that is left is immigration....

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I dove with Captain Bruce for three days a couple of weeks ago. I had a great time and thought they were very good. I would definitely recommend them.

BTW - Bruce is a girl, and not really named Bruce.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom