I Feel Like That When My Children Don't Answer their Cell Phones Too

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
But....Alec, you just can't talk to them like that.

Sorry, it's NOT funny, but there is nothing like those teenagers and the selective phone answering to push you right over the edge.

I can't leave those messages because her voice mail is always FULL.

It's odd how people are expected to answer their cell phones immediately as if they are slaves to the technology.

In this case, I think the call was pre-arranged, like a virtual appointment, however, I'm not rationalizing his tone or parental style.

I didn't hear it. They tried to play it on the radio this morning but it came out so soft. I saw it being played on CNN at the gym, but TG they have the sound off and I had my iPod in. And I was too busy to stand there and read the captions.

I don't know. I've said some pretty bad things to my kid. But he's 17 and he deserves it. But I probably would be labeled a horrible mother if it was aired publicly. And they would take him away from me. Hmmm. Does anyone have CNN's phone number? I can make a recording and then the authorities would step in. They can give him back when he's 35.

And they would take him away from me. Hmmm. Does anyone have CNN's phone number

:rofl3:

yea, I told my 15 yr old son he wouldn't like foster care very much.

(oh...wait till you hear it, it's very bad!)

It must be online somewhere. I'll do a google search. BTW Catherine, I don't know how it will be for you, but when my son was 15, he was still pretty good. 17 really sucks.

Well, I just found it and listened to it. I have to say that, yes, he lost his temper, but I don't see what the big deal is though. Who hasn't totally lost it with their kids? I have to admit that I've called my son a hell of a lot worse than a pig. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. And the first ones to get stones cast at them should be the media. They are out of control. They are on search and destroy missions. They are ruthless. I have absolutely no respect for them. They cross every boundary of decency. And who the hell gave them that VM anyway? Certainly not the kid. Kim Bassinger maybe? Or her lawyer. If she let that happen, she is a worse parent than he is IMHO.

They are saying it could backfire.

Hmm..I like seeing him exposed, I must admit.

I think the venom in his voice says it all...the girl is 11.

he is such a bully. Interesting though about the media is really getting into people's business.

catherine96821:

he is such a bully. Interesting though about the media is really getting into people's business.
The version I heard didn't play what he said about his Ex, so who knows how bad the call really is.

Sounds like Alec is getting a little too "into" his 30 Rock character. :25:

catherine96821:

I don't know enough him to make a judgment. Nor do I really care. What is it with the preoccupation with the lives of people we don't even know. If websites like TMZ or magazines like People depended upon me, they would have gone bankrupt long ago.:rofl3:
Oh, and I really think the anger at the daughter was displaced. Doesn't make it right. But who hasn't yelled at the kid when they've really been angry about work, a spouse, whatever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom