I did it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

latestartfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Saturday I had the most phenomenal experience of my life. I breathed ... UNDERWATER!!

Yeah, so I know that that's what scuba and this forum is all about, but I mean, this was the first time, in my waking hours, that I just went underwater and took a breath.

My LDS offers an Intro to Scuba class once a month, and I decided to go. It was pouring rain, windy, almost backed out more that once, but I went to the pool in my bathing suit. Fortunately, as soon as I started out, the rain stopped. The instructors went over a few basics, outfitted us with the basic gear (bc w/tank, regulator, mask, fins), taught us how to clear the mask and the regulator underwater, had us practice, underwater, then just paddle around and have fun. Well, words fail me. Yes, the fins could have been a better fit, as could the bc, oh, and I banged the back of my head on my tank a couple of times, even forgot to clear my ears a couple times as I dove to the bottom of the 12-foot pool (learned THAT lesson real fast!). BUT--

Words like WOW, INCREDIBLE, and OMG (okay that's an acronym), just don't do it justice. Let's just say, call me a fish--I'm hooked!

LSF
:D

Good for you! Look out! The wonders of the underwater world can be all consuming. It has taken over my life and career for the last 37 years and counting!

You're a fish.
04.gif

Saturday I had the most phenomenal experience of my life. I breathed ... UNDERWATER!!

Yeah, so I know that that's what scuba and this forum is all about, but I mean, this was the first time, in my waking hours, that I just went underwater and took a breath.

My LDS offers an Intro to Scuba class once a month, and I decided to go. It was pouring rain, windy, almost backed out more that once, but I went to the pool in my bathing suit. Fortunately, as soon as I started out, the rain stopped. The instructors went over a few basics, outfitted us with the basic gear (bc w/tank, regulator, mask, fins), taught us how to clear the mask and the regulator underwater, had us practice, underwater, then just paddle around and have fun. Well, words fail me. Yes, the fins could have been a better fit, as could the bc, oh, and I banged the back of my head on my tank a couple of times, even forgot to clear my ears a couple times as I dove to the bottom of the 12-foot pool (learned THAT lesson real fast!). BUT--

Words like WOW, INCREDIBLE, and OMG (okay that's an acronym), just don't do it justice. Let's just say, call me a fish--I'm hooked!

LSF
:D

Be careful :D

I came up from my first dive and when asked what I saw, couldn't answer - just kept repeating what you said "I breathed ... UNDERWATER!!"

I did 4 dives that year (it was September).
17 the next year.
60 this year.

Embrace the insanity. Welcome aboard!!

As wonderful as that is, it's NOTHING.

Just wait (if you can) until you breath underwater in the ocean!

I'll NEVER forget my first dive (at the Breakwater in Monterey). It was pouring rain, but I had a wonderful time. You will too!

Welcome to the underwater world. Now complete that certification and join us in the ocean :)

I'm definitely moving up the start date! I plan to get started on the online course for OW in mid-December. I also realized I don't really need bifocals to read the gauges, so the prescription mask will save some money with just single vision!

YAAAAY

LSF

Congrats!!! I felt the same exact way when I did my discover scuba class a little over a month ago!! Now I'm working on my Advanced class! Welcome Aboard!!

Thanks, Kian!

That's where I'm heading, too, and more and more training and diving, on and on... BTW where did you get your OW cert?

Just a couple more bills to pay and Merry Christmas, I'm signing up for my first class mid December! Can't wait to get to Monterey for my cert dives, prob sometime in Jan!! 2013 is gonna be a VERY good year!!

LSF
:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom