I did it, replaced my diving concepts glove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveborg

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a set of the DC drygloves. Recently I holed one of the gloves. I didn't think much of taking the glove off the ring, until I tried to put it back on. For me, it was impossible for one person to do it. Some people have success with 2 people, but I wanted to be able to do it myself. After a search on scubaboard, I came across a link to a great Glove Replacement Tutorial on how to replace a DC glove. The guy did it by himself, but he had a Tool. I contacted Diving Concepts to see if they would sell me a Tool. The short answer was no, they didn't have any to sell.

Now to the point of the post. I made my own tool and now I can re-install the gloves by myself.

I bought a 4" PVC coupling. The kind used with thin wall drain pipe. Schedule 40 PVC would be too think. The thin wall stuff is what is used, at least locally, for collecting the water from the gutter downspout and sending it out to the street. It is usually burried around the foundation of the house with a T for the down spout connection.

I cut about 3/4 of an inch off one end then cut thru it so I could compress it just like the Tool in the tutorial. It didn't stretch the glove open quite enough, so I cut another 3/4" piece and put it inside the first piece and spread it out. That worked perfectly.

That was $1.43 well spent. Now to order some new gloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom