i.d Bauer compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stingray, yes, standards have changed. The wafers (dacron/felt pads) are necessary. Bauer does not stock so you will need alternative source, or DIY. An extra canister cannot be avoided if you need dry air which contains no odor. My old Capitano has the same canister, it was standard equipment during the 1970's. It will not capture all contaminants and will make rust in steel tanks. However, the charcoal will remove odor. I filled the stainless tube with spun ribbon from scouring pad and leave it alone. Also added a fairly large final with Vaporshell 13X and activated charcoal. EBay special, heh.

pesky, thanx for your opinion. do beleive i will upgrade the filtration.have been using the machine as is for so long without any apparent side effects,one seens to turn a blind eye to the consequences down the road, kind of like smoking.will be sailing toward the equator by months end and the prep list doesnt seem to be getting any smaller, but to breath air under water is still a thrill, thanx for your support, and all the vital info this site provided,james.

I don't recall if your system has a back pressure valve. This is the most important filtration upgrade that one can make. It should be set at 2400 psi. Screw the valve into the side of the brass cap and run short hose into the final filter. Order adapter from Compressed Air Specialties: 1/4 npt male-JIC 4 flare male. Order short hose with JIC 4 female ends. Screw the adapter into the BP valve and connect hose.

Stingray22,

If you are considering upgrading the filter -- for less that $150, you can put one of mine on the unit and get better than Grade "E" Air and repackable convenience.
Check my website < sheldensportinggoods.com>
Frogman62
Jim Shelden

pescador775:
I filled the stainless tube with spun ribbon from scouring pad and leave it alone.

Pesky, I've seen you refer to this type of media before. Is it cut up strips of Scotchbrite pads or another type of scouring pad?

Pesky is probably referring to a scrub pad like "Chore Boy", made from brass/bronze. I have used this as a "home made" coelessor element in repackable cartridges, when converting them for separator use, with decent results.

Craig

Pads are available from;
Stainless Steel Heavy Weight Scouring Pads 12/PK Product details

http://www.bettymills.com/shop/product/view/Premier Pads/PAD50.html?referer=search

The pads are available in various weights and sizes which is not important for a small job like this. A medium pad will provide plenty of ribbon to stuff in the little Bauer steel or plastic cartridge. You don't necessarily need a carton of pads but the links will provide the visual information. The ribbon provides extra surface area for collection of condensate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom