I couldnt respond!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTwo

Reaction score
There was a thread on the SB home page titled "what is DIR". I tried to respond but it disapeared so I followed it here and ty cave diver for that post. Its very good. Im about as far from DIR as you can get but I did get the book you suggest in your post some time ago. The suggestions and advice are sound as has been the same from the DIR people I have gotten any advice from on here. My diving has definatley improved from it even if I dont follow it to a tee. So from a non DIR divers point of view I just want to thank you for all the good advice and your patience considering some of the crap you get the min DIR is mentioned. Hope I dont get in trouble for this post but thanks again!

the other post is a sticky and will not take replies.

dlndavid:
the other post is a sticky and will not take replies.

It wasnt a sticky when it started as other people responded. I have been informed why I couldnt respond so its all good :)

Sorry I was corrected by someone, the post you may have responded to may have been locked for Moderator reasons.

The other post has 'disappeared'. The link contained inappropriate elements apart from the intended picture. As this is the DIR forum and this subject is not a DIR question - if anyone has further comments please direct them to me via PM. Thank you.

Kim:
The other post has 'disappeared'. The link contained inappropriate elements apart from the intended picture. As this is the DIR forum and this subject is not a DIR question - if anyone has further comments please direct them to me via PM. Thank you.

Oops sorry. Nope no further comments :) thanks for letting me make the one I did.

mike_s:
I thought the pic was pretty funny and wondered also why it was deleted... oh well.

I posted a copy of the image here in this thread (see below), where it is is not considered in violation of the high ideals of DIR.

Post your funniest or weirdest Dive or underwater pic!
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1750701#post1750701
Mike,

Just to be clear on why that thread was deleted... there was nothing wrong with the picture itself and there was nothing about it that was "in violation of the high ideals of DIR". It was because of all the stuff that surrounded it on that website that is was pulled. Lots of naked pictures made a link to that site less than workplace friendly.

Anyway, I just thought I'd set the record straight on why it was pulled.

Christian

headhunter:
Mike,

Just to be clear on why that thread was deleted... there was nothing wrong with the picture itself and there was nothing about it that was "in violation of the high ideals of DIR". It was because of all the stuff that surrounded it on that website that is was pulled. Lots of naked pictures made a link to that site less than workplace friendly.

Anyway, I just thought I'd set the record straight on why it was pulled.

Christian

Well you've got a good point there. Now that you mention it, I did notice that the original link to the photo page had clickable links to photos that were "inappropiate" for all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom