I can't send PM's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your account permissions are all in place so let's move to some debugging. Do you get an error when sending a PM? When you say your browser freezes, what browser, what isp and what computer operating system do you run?

No error message appears. When I hit the send button there is a 2 note tone that sounds. I can move the mouse but can not scroll, use the back key etc. I have to hit Ctrl Alt Delete to get out. This reboots my computer.
I'm fairly computer ignorant, but I'll try & answer your questions correctly. We use Internet Explorer, our isp is Comcast DSL, the computer is an older Hewlett Packard.

Did you get it. sometimes I'll send a PM or just click to a differant thread and it seems like it takes forever and sometime's it goes right to it. I wonder if it has to do with how many people are using the board at one time ? what do you think TA.

Mike

GotAir,
I did receive your PM. I tried to send you a reply. It froze up at first than seemed like it was sent. Did you get it?

Okay, here's the deal. I can not reply to a PM I have gotten from someone. I have to go into their profile, than click on 'send private message'. When I hit 'submit message' I get the little tone/sound & then the smilies all start to wink etc. I am unable to scroll, click on a smilie or do anything. I tried hitting the enter button on my keyboard & I then get an error message that says I can only send one message every 30 seconds. But that does seem to actually send the PM. If I don't hit the enter button, my computer remains frozen. Even if I wait a couple minutes & then hit enter, I still get the same error message. If I hit the enter button twice it sends the message twice. Also, hitting the enter button does not always work. Sometimes nothing is sent & everything remains frozen.
So...what's the problem?

Back
Top Bottom