I can swim all day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair Mott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Holly Lohuis is an expedition team member, Marine Biologist and Education Associate for Ocean Futures Society. She is also a good friend and work associate of mine that I have know since 1995. We have shared many of dives together around the world and I recently had a chance to ask her a few questions about her experience with Force Fins and I would like to share them with the Scubaboard members and guests.

Holly was certified as a scuba diver in 1986 and she began using Force Fins in 2001 when we were filming the Sharks at Risk episode for PBS in Rangiroa, French Polynesia and ever since then she has never used another fin.

holly_opsfin1.jpg

When I asked her why Force Fins her answer was simple “I love the look of Force Fins underwater and their function is superior to other fins I have used in the past”

Her favorite Model is the OPS OPS - Oscillating Propulsion System fin that is made especially for the Ocean Futures Society expedition team. “Usually you don’t find a good match of function and fashion, but with the OPS fin I have both.”

When I asked her about her most memorable dive in Force Fins her smile takes over her face with an excited answer of “I have many, but two come to mind!”
“Free diving with over 100 Galapagos Sharks in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands and diving with Carrie Vonderhaar in the Sea of Cortez with the Humboldt squid!”

squid_holly.jpg

I asked her to sum up her experience and she told me the same thing I have heard from other users. “I can swim all day and still have enough energy to keep going. It is a fin that will never tire you out no matter what you are diving and no matter what the conditions”
jmc_ops.jpg
jmc_ops.jpg
jmc_ops.jpg

Jean-Michel Cousteau diving the OPS Force Fin

So I have to somehow get on the expedition team to get a pair of OPS Force Fins... ;-) Sounds like exciting diving!

Erowe,
Just like many once in a lifetime fins that Bob has made it might someday be open to the public for purchase! Thanks for the support!

Speaking of ROWE anybody catch last night's episode of Mike Rowe in Dirtiest Jobs on Discovery!
Mike Rowe travels to Minnesota where he works to pull a car out of a lake that has fallen through the ice. It has Gary form Tri- State Diving Tri-State Diving
working and outfitting Mike Rowe and the production crew in Force Fins

Last edited:
LOL...I missed that episode - I'll have to look for the rerun...
Trivia: Mike Rowe and I not only have same last name, but we
also have the same birthday... :p

Back
Top Bottom