I can get used to spring break

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emttim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For a little background, I've been doing UC Davis and paramedic school at the same time and I just finished my last final for UC Davis yesterday. I'm withdrawing from UCD until I finish P-school too so no more doing 2 schools at once. So to summarize my morning...I slept in until around 8:30 am (and I went to sleep at 9 pm), spent over an hour just getting my **** together to make breakfast and coffee, had time to drink the whole damn pot of coffee for once (I usually have to pour out whatever doesn't fit in my travel mug) and now I'm casually heading to campus to study for paramedic school at around noon.

Man, I can get used to this schedule. I can't wait until this weekend when the diving starts again. I don't think I can hit the big 100 before spring break is over since I'd have to log about 30 dives to do it but I'm sure gonna try. If anyone happens to dive Monastery today or tomorrow, let me know how it was so I can get an idea of whether it'll be possible to dive South Monastery this Saturday. :)

I remember college! Diving every weekend, so much time, those leisurely mornings!! Enjoy it, every last second!

Yup...must be nice!
Enjoy it while you can..best of luck for calm conditions at Monastary!

Keep an eye out in the sandy flats there..last time we spotted two Angel Sharks buries in the sand there-very cool! One was at least 5 feet long!
Besides PL its one of my favorite dives down there from shore!

Have fun,
Drew

Yup...must be nice!
Enjoy it while you can..best of luck for calm conditions at Monastary!

Keep an eye out in the sandy flats there..last time we spotted two Angel Sharks buries in the sand there-very cool! One was at least 5 feet long!
Besides PL its one of my favorite dives down there from shore!

Have fun,
Drew

I agree, Monastery is definitely one of my favorites right there with PL. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out in the sand...that would be awesome to see an angel shark. :) although I dunno what one looks like so I'll have to google it but I'm sure I'll be able to tell if its at least a shark. :p although only time I ever saw a shark so far was at Monastery and the leopard shark was moving like a bat out of hell...only made out a blur of his tail and had to have my dive buddy tell me what it was.

Btw Justin, not sure if I'd say I have more time to dive now than if I was working full-time...to be honest when I was just working full-time I was diving a hell of a lot more. :p

Hell, if anything, once I start working I'll be diving a ridiculous amount. Paramedics (well and EMTs) at AMR in the bay typically work a 12/42 schedule, which means we work 3 12-hour shifts one week and 4 the next in an alternating fashion. Yeah, with 3-4 days off a week, trust me there'll be lots of diving... :D

Man Tim must be nice! I skipped the college days so I never got to enjoy spring breaks really :(. Either way ill be taking out a tour somewhere Saturday... maybe even Monastery. Ill have to see how things look as the time approaches.

Out of curiosity when did you finish your DM course? I just noticed our numbers are fairly close. IIRC I finished mine in Mid October. DM-240777.

Tim- It looks more like a ray than a shark..they will be buried in the sand.

My buddy almost landed on one and all I saw were his two eyes..I pointed excitedly below him, and he still didnt notice it? I slowly waved away some of the sand and he just about freaked! We became more observant and 15min later.. sure enough a smaller one! Havent seen one since..but am more observant over the sand areas.Have seen quite a few halibut in the same area.

Have a good dive!

Man Tim must be nice! I skipped the college days so I never got to enjoy spring breaks really :(. Either way ill be taking out a tour somewhere Saturday... maybe even Monastery. Ill have to see how things look as the time approaches.

Out of curiosity when did you finish your DM course? I just noticed our numbers are fairly close. IIRC I finished mine in Mid October. DM-240777.

Hey Brandon, if you're going to be diving Saturday you're more than welcome to join me and Kathy you know. If Monastery doesn't look good, we can just go somewhere else.

I finished my DM course officially on October 10th (well at least that's what it says on my PADI DM card) but the paperwork was sent off mid-September. DM-240696 is pretty close to yours so probably like a week before you from the looks of it. I wanted to get it done before school started for obvious reasons. :D

Back
Top Bottom