I am a Boy Scout Leader and new to Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weezer

New
Reaction score
Looking for advice and/or suggestions. I am a Venturer Scout Leader (incase you are wondering, Venturer Scouts are 16yrs - 18yrs old) and am in the process of getting certified with two other leaders and 9 scouts. We thought it would be really cool to aquire a life skill and then use it this summer. We live in Utah and are trying to decide the most economic way to travel and dive at Catalina Island. Does anyone have suggestions on the how we can accomplish this in the cheapest possible way? We will all be renting gear and probibly staying with friends in Orange County. If there's not a cheap way to dive Catalina in the summer for scouts, is there other destinations you suggest? We were also thinking about the dive park at Lake Mead. Any into would be helpful

Don't know much about diving in Catalina but you might want to hook up with NetDoc. He is a Venturer leader over in Florida...

There is a cheap way to dive cheaply on catalina for scouts....according to the info I've received.

$100 or so lets scouts do an intro dive, as far as I know....I think you need to be at Summer Camp, but am not sure.

My son told me this, and he goes to Cherry Valley around July 1.

I put together a bunch of information for a Venture crew in my area for a summer scuba trip to California. If you want to send me a private message with an e-mail address, I'll see if I can't dig up the spreadsheet and links and send the information to you.

This summer, while the SeaBase is under construction, they have a program going at White's Landing in addition to Los Angeles Council's two summer camps at Cherry Valley and Two Harbors.

If you do come out, drop me a line and/or give me a call (my contact information is on my website at http://www.oberlin.us and maybe I can help out. I am an ASM with Troop 36 and Asst. Advisor with Crew 1936 in Irvine. I am a PADI instructor and another one of our ASM's is a DM. Depending on schedules, we may be willing to help out if you are interested.

Otter

Back
Top Bottom