I-30 closed- this weekend in DFW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is not exactly diving but it will help anyone passing through the dfw area this weekend.
Plus it is NASCAR this weekend...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All eastbound and westbound lanes of Interstate 30 will be CLOSED from State Highway 360 (in Arlington) to Loop 12 (Walton Walker in Grand Prairie) starting at 8 p.m., Friday, Nov. 3. I-30 is scheduled to re-open by 5:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 6.

Motorists are advised to avoid this area of I-30 this weekend and prepare alternate routes.

The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is closing the road for the safety and protection of motorists during the removal of the Carrier Parkway bridge in Grand Prairie. The bridge removal is part of a larger $38 million improvement project along I-30.

Drivers traveling westbound on I-30 from Dallas County will detour at Loop 12. Drivers taking north Loop 12 can take SH 183 to SH 360 to enter Tarrant County. Those traveling on south Loop 12 can take I-20 to also access SH 360 into the Tarrant County area.

Drivers traveling eastbound on I-30 from Tarrant County will detour at SH 360. From SH 360 north, motorists can take SH 183 into Dallas County. Motorists who take SH 360 south can travel to I-20 toward Dallas County.

Message boards will be placed at various locations on I-30 to warn motorists of the closure. Law enforcement will be present along I-30 during the closure.

Hey Andrew---I am headed the other direction this weekend...Canton Trade Days weekend with the family...our fall trek.....love the corny dogs!!!!!

Wow, that's the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard, in the middle of NASCAR weekend, which is always nuckin' futz in FW. YAY TX DOT for screwing us two fold this week, I-30 and the Austin Toll Roads opening!

I guess it's a good thing Lone Star Park isn't hosting the Breeder's Cup THIS weekend... :25:

Maybe this will give them a chance to FINALLY finish the damn thing...

I've been feeling it, I go between FT Wth and Irving every day, man o man, I could probably ride a bycicle on teh back roads and get there faster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom