Hyperbaric chamber Subic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

here is thought

you need to get the support of underwriters to drum up support for the "NEED" to get "LOCAL" insurance . currently the insurance comes from foreign firms.

getting local firms to sell insurances would help get clients. so aside from Scuba divers who else may have the medical need for such chambers?

Try to sell the idea to National Reinsurance Corp.

they have MArine and aviation products.

Hello Divers

Please write to me at yvetteclee@gmail.com to "plead your case"

Ask me if I can help facilitate the rehabilitation of the Subic Chamber (in my capacity as a PCSSD Commissioner). The letter will enable me to table it at the next baord meeting.

I dont know who gav ethe chamber to the yacht club--but in my experience with the diff chambers we have, the effective ones should be in a medical facility or a hospital. So that would be the way to go if the PCSSD stepped in. The hospital should be allowed to use it as a profit generating piece of medical equipment.

The 2 new chambers- 1 in Davao and another in St Luxe are used for other non-diving related medical needs. Aside from being able to financilally sustain the maintainance and continued training of the operators, it keeps the operators sharp.

Leaving the chamber only for the use f diving related cases mean there will be months on end wherein the chamber will be unused ( 1 dcs case for every 10,000 dives is the statistic) So even if we rehabilitate the chamber, train someone to run it and mange to keep that person , it really wont be much use if Subic will end up using it once a year.

Please let me know when you write , who owns that chamber so I 'l have an idea whatto do when we take it up at the PCSSD.

Yvette

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom