Hyperbaric chamber Subic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
Has there been any change in the working status of the hyperbaric chamber in Subic? This chamber has been out of service for the past couple of years. I have talked with the government officials reguarding this situation. Is there any word of any work being done on this chamber to get it up and running?

andibk

Hard to believe in one of the bigger dive destinations there is a large chamber sitting there going to waste. With all of the tec courses there are being done there, with all of the deep wrecks in 70 meters and 90 meters of water nothing has been done about this.
Closest chamber is in Manila. Probable take you 4 hours to get to there, the damage that can be done in that amount of time.

andibk

Yep, really is a shame... especially when they're trying to ramp up tourism to the area. Would hate to be having a bad case of the bends and being stuck on the Northern Luzon Freeway trying to get back into Manila... I guess you'd be hoping your DAN insurance will cover an airlift...

Is there anyway DANSEAP could get involved with bringing it back online? Do they have any influence with Governmental entities? Does anyone have any influence with the Philippine Govt?

We are going to press our governor when we meet with her in a few weeks. This is not satisfactory for divers in the Panay region. One would think that because of Boracay we would have a state of the art facility there..........NOT!

It is very unfortunate and pitifull, the Subic Chamber is currently in dire straights and in need of some serious attention, try explaining that to upper management of SBYC and it will fall on deaf ears. Ever since the Yaht Club took over its (non operation) no improvements have been made, it's gone downhill.. The members and concerned dive operators of Subic Bay Dive Association have been appealing to them forever to get their act together, and restore the Chamber to operational status.................................Hurry up and wait!!

:rofl3: :rofl3: trying to get anything done or improved in the Phils...:rofl3: :rofl3:

In the past I have actually trained some of the military and some people from the government tourism department hyperbaric chamber courses. When I was there last week we are in the process of getting these people qualified to CHT level. It is also in the works where we will be running a DMT coourse there in Manila. I think the best bet is to get ahold of the tourism department and let them know how important it is to get this facility up and running. I think some of these people are on this sight. Any suggestions on what we need to do to get these people to listen to us?

andibk

divers dont have to worry, we have a brandnew SECHRIST monoplace hyperbaric chamber located in Davao City Philippines at the Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF)Hospital and we are now accepting possible clients from all over the country.

In the past I have actually trained some of the military and some people from the government tourism department hyperbaric chamber courses. When I was there last week we are in the process of getting these people qualified to CHT level. It is also in the works where we will be running a DMT coourse there in Manila. I think the best bet is to get ahold of the tourism department and let them know how important it is to get this facility up and running. I think some of these people are on this sight. Any suggestions on what we need to do to get these people to listen to us?

andibk

media would be an option. that chamber should really be online. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom