Hydrostatic Testing in VA BEACH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdvaughn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was wondering if anyone had any inside connections for the hydrotesting in Va Beach along with thte VIP. I am looking for fire extinguisher place in which I can take my tank to so that it will be cheaper...any insight?

I used to take tanks to a fire extinguisher place-Can't remember the name of the place but it was located on Diamond Springs Rd between Shore Dr and Northhampton Blvd. I do know they were a lot cheaper than a Dive Shop. FWIW I know the navy units at Little Creek were paying $6.00 a cylinder around 1998. Of course you won't get that price, but that was when a typical hydro was running around $15.

Forgot to add that I don't remember if that included the Visual sticker. A visual is part of the hydo process.

so if I go to A Fire extinguisher place they do a visual also? IS that in equivalence to what the dive shops give, and would they fill it with those things? Was the name of the the place called Fire services on bayside road? Also are you saying I can get my tank tested on the base for cheaper? My buddy is navy, and could do it for me, just need to know if there is anywhere I can get it done on base.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom