Hydros Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Only" 750 € (around the same in $) in Europe. A good designed product. You buy it you use it. Design like a wing but a few extras : the weight pockets for instance. I like that (you can take them out if you want). Maybe not a product for the tec divers but a good product for the others...​

Then pay to get it serviced like a good scuba diver :wink: and you’re still in it more than a quality BPW. But whatever as long as your happy. I bought a BPW and a Perdix AI for what a new hydros pro would have cost. So I’m happy.

My herd has 4 of them, I like them but they could do something better than the cheesy screw and plastic retainer that holds the add ons on. IMO Those will end up being a problem down the road.

Just bought a new one at an auction, brand new with tags still on it for $560 AU [$377.50 US].
I use mine a lot [with the simple harness only], now I have another, bargain I thought, just bid and won it.

They had a lot of brand new gear in the same lot, I could have bid on more of it.......But for the $$
Someone has "gone bust" is my guess.

Grays?
What weight pockets are you using with the simple harness?

Good thread - I am a Warm water diver who just got a hydros pro, typically dive with 3mm full wetsuit, I want to use the simple harness and have the same question as astroboy. Thx

Most will need some weight in the built-in trim pockets, so 2 of these should be large enough for the remainder needed in warm water:
Thanks! These should be enough as I typically dive with 12 lbs.

I should add the DGX pockets are oriented along the strap, which you may or may not prefer. There are similar ones by OMS that orient perpendicular to the strap. Just depends on your desire for quick-release (or aversion to such).
I actually use the OMS on my waist to be the most resistant to loss during boat entry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom