HydroOptix Mask-Anyone tried it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjmills:
Thanks for the info Larry. Sorry I didn't get a chance to call you Saturday. Got hung up with way too much stuff that anyone should have to do on a Saturday. I will certainly be calling tomorrow.

Since you have seen the Proto's, do they look the same with different optics in the glass or are they completely different?

They looked like you took one, heated it up, and then pushed it on a table. So it's flat in the front, then picks up a little curve as it gets to the sides.

tjmills:
Are there any 20/20 vision guys out there who have done this?
I have heard reports of cave divers doing this. The front lens of the mask is polycarbonate so if you manage to shatter it, most of your head disappeared in the impact as well. I have never run across a 20/20'er myself though, and if I had 20/20, I sure wouldn't bother with the mask. But since I don't wear a contact in my left eye diving with it and a -2.0 in my right eye, it all works out until I surface.
That said, people also keep sighting Sasquatch running around the Pacific Northwest. As far as I can tell, no one has seen a Sasquatch wearing a Hydrooptix mask, although I bet if Larry from Scubatoys goes up there, he'll bring back a photo.

:laughing:

I have always wanted to see Sasquatch is a decently clear picture instead of that guy running around in a suit pretending to be the real Sasquatch. To catch him wearing a HydroOptix Mask would be excellent. Make sure you take a CLEAR Photo Larry and not the crappy grainy type we have seen for the last 25 years.

zuzanne:
Only time I wear my contacts is for diving/snorkeling. Has anyone tried this mask? How well does it really work for people like me who have trouble seeing up close? Distance vision is not problem. My contacts are +1.75 multifocal.

They are not suitable for someone with your prescription. My wife has a pair and loves them. But she is nearsighted, so they essentially work as prescription lenses when she's underwater. Your +1.75 prescription means you are farsighted, so the HydroOptix will make your underwater vision quite a bit worse.

Don't feel too bad, I'm +10 in both eyes. So my mask has 1/2 thick prescription lenses and no peripheral vision at all.

Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom