Hybriding your BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi has anybody done any hybriding of different brands onto your BC set-up?

thx 4 your contributions

I have a halcyon wing, halcyon backplate, dive rite TransPlate harness, dive rite weight pouches on my singles rig. Personally I like a continuous harness but for PADI Rescue class I need the quick release so they don't have to cut my harness.

I have a seaquest black diamond with ranger pockets (soon i plkan to add oms pockets with weight pouches as i think they r better than my current weight integrated pouches). The harness feels just right 4 me and it has 50lbs of lifts for doubles, unfortunately it uses plastic backplates ( which i don't think is as strong as the alloy or ss ones).

Sure... I have Dive Rite backplates and Scubapro X-Tek harnesses with wings from both manufacturers. I mix and match them all the time.

Halcyon plate, OxyCheq Mach V wing, DiveRite pouches, OMS buckles, ScubaPro tank straps, and a handfull of different types of D-rings.

After you dive a BP & Wings for a while, you constantly are switching out stuff for being worn or someone else has a better solution. Some ideas work, some don't.

Worse I've seen is a guy used a red Corvette seatbelt for his crotch strap which he sewed together. He joked it made him go faster.

ok now i have seaquest bcd, scubapro cam band, zeagle pockets n zeagle crotch straps.

Mach V on Freedom Plate II

DSCF0210.jpg

Seatec seahorse on Hammerhead plate

DSCF0038.jpg

Dacor poodle jacket with push button auto transmission on semi hog with plate--for wife--in progress

DSCF0044.jpg

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom