Hurricane Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eliminator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at the RG2500/3000 for my doubles since I already have an RG2500 on my deco bottle.

But what about the Hurricane? I rarely seem them advertized or even listed, not even on divegearexpress. Are there supply issues, or is the demand low? I'm looking for pics and comments with regards to mounting these on back mounted doubles. One of the LP ports looks as if it would be at a bad angle towards the neck of the tank with the red caps facing in towards eachother?

what about parts supply> In 10 years will you still be stocking the 1st and second stage kits?

Do you have any more PR material for these regs. I can only find the small bit on your site.

Looking at the RG2500/3000 for my doubles since I already have an RG2500 on my deco bottle.

But what about the Hurricane? I rarely seem them advertized or even listed, not even on divegearexpress. Are there supply issues, or is the demand low? I'm looking for pics and comments with regards to mounting these on back mounted doubles. One of the LP ports looks as if it would be at a bad angle towards the neck of the tank with the red caps facing in towards eachother?

what about parts supply> In 10 years will you still be stocking the 1st and second stage kits?

Do you have any more PR material for these regs. I can only find the small bit on your site.

Hi Eliminator,

The Hurricane regulator is made for us in Europe and we have had supply issues this year. This has been addressed. We typically provide service for most of our gear up to 7 years or so. Some gear we still service that is over ten years old. However, I cannot give you a ten year commitment.

As for mounting on doubles, I have used both the Hurricane and 3000 regs on my doubles rig. I prefer the 3000 due to the spinning turrets - I can get my hose routing exactly where I want it. With the Hurricanes, I've tried a myriad of combinations, all of which put pressure on my hoses for the configuration that I like. Not a big deal, but I prefer the 3000.

Both are excellent regs. The 3000 are easy to field-service if you ever need to do so remotely. The Hurricane reg breathes wonderfully and is set for cold water diving - you don't need to add the environmental kit.

What additional PR are you looking for? Our website has detailed product description, technical specifications, user manual, service manual, press article from the launch in 2007 all listed here: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Hurricane Regulator

If you need additional information, let me know and I am happy to send it to you.

Kathleen

I like my Hurricane for singles, but I too went the RG3000 with ice kit route on my doubles.
The Hurricane is a little better breather for me, but it may just be how I have it tuned.

Can't go wrong with either reg.

Jim Breslin

thats for the comments. I took a good look at my RG2500 last night and I can definatly see the advantages of the hose routing with the swivel. I havent seen many pics of these regs mounted on doubles. Do you happen to have any handy. "Real-life" pics would be the best.

Is the RG2010 2nd stage still in production, or just left over stock until it runs out? What's the difference between this and the RG2015?

thanx again

Hi,
I'll shoot some pics for you on Monday of my set up .
I just need your e-mail so I can send them to you. ( I have no idea on how to post them here)

The 2010 and 2015 are the same reg, just a new number from Dive Rite.

Jim Breslin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom