Huntington Beach Dive CANCELLED? by huge storm Sept 12-13?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I finally did some surfing myself... swell surfed me right up onto the stairs at the end of last night's dive!

any updates on the weather this weekend for laguna beach beach dive? Ive been trying to look at the reports but they look like gibberish to me!

Swell watch looks pretty poor for OC diving this weekend. 3-4 ft waves are not conducive for beginners. I myself am headed for Palos Verdes but that presents a different set of challenges in the rock entry. (1-2 ft swells). A boat dive would be a lot easier for certification dives.

At some point though, you should to learn how to get pass the surf zone and not get pounded. Respect the sea! She can turn ugly very quickly.

any updates on the weather this weekend for laguna beach beach dive? Ive been trying to look at the reports but they look like gibberish to me!
Went out at Shaws cove this mid morning around 10am.
Topside weather was very warm, no wind.
Water temp 73 on the surface and 66 at 45'.
Surge was moderate at the 18'-20' depth.
Although the waves were 1-3' the timing was spaced out fine for an easy entry and exit.
VIS was 5' in the 10-15' depth, but better at 25-40' depth, maybe 12'-15' VIS.
Lots of fish,( garibaldi, large sheephead, calico bass, and kelp fish, plus others), and loads of shells, large cowry shells and huge scallop shells.
There were maybe 8-10 other divers at shaws.
I am sure on the weekend there will be many more divers and you could definately find a buddy if needed.
Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom