Hunting Octopuses...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At our local dive sites when leading tours we like to play octopus volleyball. To get it out you dont need to jab at it with your knife. Anything metal, your knife or inflator hose works great. just hold it against them and they will come out. they dont like metal and will come out every time unless they have a big enough hole to get away from it. doesn't harm them and they will be around the next day to play with again. If you can try to put them back in the same hole so you'll know where to find it. as long as you dont harass them too many times in the same day they wont change houses. I've played with the same octo for weeks at a time. once you have them out, if you stroke them on the top of the head it will usually calm them down. as for volley ball, when they swim toward a diver he just puts his hand in front of his head and redirects him to another diver. VERY IMPORTANT --- if you are not planning to eat the octo, dont wear gloves, they remove the protective slime on them and opens them up to disease.
Yes, I eat Octupus. and I use the same method. they come out much easier when you are not jabbing them with your knife.

MilitantMedic:
Hey isn't Octopi? Versus Octopuses?
yeah actaully , youre right , just like hippopotaMUS IS HIPPOPOTOMI (PLURAL)

Whant would you call a group of octopi ?
A school of octopi ? A group of octopi ? A flock ? A gaggle ? A pod ? A Team ??
A squad ???? An ensemble !? !!??? ..... lol

Does anybody remembers the James Bond movie "Octopussy"?

Mmmmmmmmm!!!

Yeah I remember it . Always been quite a fan of Bond. That blue ring octopus , is it for real ? is it poisonous ?

I vote for ensemble of Octopi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom