Hunter S. Thompson Commits Suicide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theskull:
I don't see an ideological agenda here. I believe he has hit the nail on the head. On both counts. Two nails?

well, you would, wouldn't you?

:wink:

you guys are birds of a feather on this issue (yes, i remember the ghosts of threads
past)

by the way, are those nine-inch nails?

H2Andy:
is this a good time to mention i have no fragging clue what you're talking about?

and yeah, we all go. when someone who matters to you goes, it's a bit different.

Re a clue: I was talking about a cigarette. You were close to Hunter S. Thompson?
Sorry about that.

oh no, i never met him... but i thought his early work was brilliant,
and he influenced what little style i have when writing non-fiction

no worries, mate

H2Andy:
well, you would, wouldn't you?

you guys are birds of a feather on this issue (yes, i remember the ghosts of threads
past)

by the way, are those nine-inch nails?

Nope, regular dime-store bent nails. I have no agenda, but I do have a philosophical bent. And also realize that my view of life is bent compared to most other carbon-based life-forms. Thankfully, I have never been bent, at least not while diving . . . now what happens at Yoga class is another story altogether. :)

Peace and good will to y'all,
theskull

evad:
Well, no offense, but what do you mean? Do you really believe its only "booze and drugs" that kills them? What addiction kills the rest of us?

Might have been the way I phrased it. I meant, it was a shame that a man with his talent left too early and was tormented from his addictions, booze, drugs, and propably depression, to the extent that he killed himself. It's a loss.

H2Andy:
well... i intend to die through my addiction to oxygenated blood

but i think pilot fish has a point. it seems that the personality type that goes
along with "gonzo journalism" tends to let the mind-altering substances get
the better of them.

Yes, that's it, he died of his excesses. He couldn't go to a book signing without a drink in his hand. He was incoherent at times. It really is sad.

theskull:
I don't see an ideological agenda here. I believe he has hit the nail on the head. On both counts. Two nails?

theskull

It's a typical liberal response to anyone with a belief different from theirs; they can't debate on the facts so they just scream loudly for the other side to shut up.

Green, will you shut up if i whisper?

:D

"Yes, that's it, he died of his excesses."

Or did he die of his excuses?

"To be the Buddha you must kill the Buddha"

Back
Top Bottom