Hunter S. Thompson Commits Suicide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evad:
How do you manage to maintain these provincial attitudes?

How do you mean, provincial?Too many gifted writers have been addicted to booze and drugs and it killed them.

I'm not sure what you mean.

pilot fish:
How do you mean, provincial?Too many gifted writers have been addicted to booze and drugs and it killed them.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Well, no offense, but what do you mean? Do you really believe its only "booze and drugs" that kills them? What addiction kills the rest of us?

well... i intend to die through my addiction to oxygenated blood

but i think pilot fish has a point. it seems that the personality type that goes
along with "gonzo journalism" tends to let the mind-altering substances get
the better of them.

H2Andy:
well... i intend to die through my addiction to oxygenated blood

but i think pilot fish has a point. it seems that the personality type that goes
along with "gonzo journalism" tends to let the mind-altering substances get
the better of them.

Is this why you miss the *******?

only thing i've ever been addicted to is nicotine. broke that habbit one year and
nine months ago

H2Andy:
darn... this is really depressing. Thompson shot himself:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=796&e=1&u=/eo/20050221/en_celeb_eo/15970

i loved Hell's Angels and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

also, he has an article, "The Song of the Sausage Creature," which is about
riding bikes, and i love it... awesome stuff

bummer

Well if his human-ness was nothing more than the end result of random chance over
millions of years he's just another dead irrelevant life form no longer corrupting the beautiful earth.

On the other hand, if he was indeed made in the image of God, it's a sad day indeed that he trashed God's greatest gift.

dude, please don't use a person who is now dead to further your ideological
arguments.

and your "either or" fallacy is so rancid it's not worth debunking (yet again)

H2Andy:
only thing i've ever been addicted to is nicotine. broke that habbit one year and
nine months ago

Thanks, a lot, for reminding me i have one lying around. To Hunter Thompson. Off you go. So do the rest of us. No offense.

evad:
Thanks, a lot, for reminding me i have one lying around.

is this a good time to mention i have no fragging clue what you're talking about?

:wink:

and yeah, we all go. when someone who matters to you goes, it's a bit different.

Green_Manelishi:
Well if his human-ness was nothing more than the end result of random chance over
millions of years he's just another dead irrelevant life form no longer corrupting the beautiful earth.

On the other hand, if he was indeed made in the image of God, it's a sad day indeed that he trashed God's greatest gift.

I don't see an ideological agenda here. I believe he has hit the nail on the head. On both counts. Two nails?

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom