HumpNight dive July 23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
Our morning dives are over, since Jen is on a full time project and my work has picked up. BUT that doesn't mean we can't make them night dives!

This week's dive will be off of Hibiscus Avenue on the Honeycomb reef (first reef). We'll meet at 7:30 PM and jump off no later than 8:00 PM. Take Commercial Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale to A1A, turn south two streets and hang a louie.

Don't forget: light stick & tie, two lights and quarters. I'll have a couple of extra ties but no sticks. Oh, and it's camera weather again so you can bring your camera or waterproof disposable with a flash if you can find one.

This is the reef where I was "attacked" by a sleeping turtle last Saturday and have seen my dive-record for octopus (pi?). It's shallow (17' max) but very beautiful and always interesting.

If you can't find parking, I have a secret spot - drop your gear at Hibiscus and see me for a "pass." It's just a short walk and we do it all the time.

Oh man Mike, I really really really would love to do this dive. I know how awesome it is in the day and really wish I could do this tomorrow night. Who knows, maybe if all is good and I get my commmitments taken care of I pull a surprise showing!
Regardless, have a fun dive. Say hi to the turtles for me!

I am new to Fort Lauderdale (moved up from Miami) and now live close to the spot you are meeting at. I am not a member of any clubs or anything (just in case this is a "club" thing) but might like to do this dive. Is this open to strangers?

Joe Shook

vanshook once bubbled...
Is this open to strangers?

They let me dive with them and I'm pretty strange. You'll fit right in. :D

Marc

I had the chance to dive with them several times and I know I'm strange. LOL

I think anyone is welcome. As they say the more the marrier.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it. I went today and did Tenneco Towers so tomorrow it's time to do some work around the house.

What a great dive it was today. It looked nasty earlier this morning but by show time, 12:00PM, it was sunny and hot with a lite chop and only a mild current. I got 23 minutes at 115 feet sitting in the sand taking pictures of the fish and coral with a total bottom time of nearly 40 minutes. God how I love Nitrox and a good set of doubles. LOL Beautiful dive today.

Scott

Just watch out for Mike and his titanium pineapple knife :whoa:

Actually they are a bunch of really great, wonderful, fantastic, strange sort!
(gosh I wish I could join ya!)

vanshook once bubbled...
I am new to Fort Lauderdale (moved up from Miami) and now live close to the spot you are meeting at. I am not a member of any clubs or anything (just in case this is a "club" thing) but might like to do this dive. Is this open to strangers?
Joe, I hope you can make it. Marvel is having a dental issue and may not make it so it might just be you and me. Too bad you won't be meeting the other strangers, we have a pretty good group.

I'll PM you my cell... anybody else up for a Wednesday nighter?

scuba_jenny once bubbled...
Just watch out for Mike and his titanium pineapple knife
lol in 23 years I've never owned a dive knife... finally found a use for one. Wish you were joining us too, Jen! If we find any new subspecies of hi-hats we'll name it after ya.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom