Humpback whale at Molokini's Reef's End

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blesi varney

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Aloha Ohana,

These photos were from our dive this past Monday.
We were going to do the backwall but we had a couple of nervous divers on board, so we decided to drift Reef's End, instead. This way, they could control their descent on the mooring line instead of just descending in blue water. As it turned out, it was one of the best call we've ever made. Our 12 divers were divided into 3 groups. My group went in first and at about 10 minutes into our dive at about 60-65 ft, I looked up and saw a boat ( or, what appeared to be a boat, duh!). It wasn't moving.

When we got back on the boat later, our captain told me that he saw the whale just as my group went down and was just laying on the surface.

I took these photos with a Canon G9. I thought I just might share these photos with you guys. I get chicken skin everytime I see these magnificent creatures underwater. It's a pretty humbling experience and I feel blessed. Thanks for letting me share. :)

IMG_0743copy.jpg

IMG_0742copy.jpg

IMG_0741copy.jpg

IMG_0740copy.jpg

That's really awesome! Seen tons on the surface but have yet to swim with them...maybe one day.

You rock!

WOW! Thanks for Sharing! Maggi :)

ps. We have our condo reservations, and plane tickets for our 3 weeks in feb/march/2009!!

Wow, you were lucky, I was at Reef's End a week ago Tues. and this is what we saw at the surface after the dive......
Image200copy.jpg

Excellent dates bob! I have to say I like Maui the best during whale season!!

Sean

its the time of year we always come . . . the whales are there and it's cold and snowy here! Maggi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom