Hullo from Pennsylvania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a great place for fishing and boating. I had no idea you could dive there. Do you need special permission? Any more information you can provide?

Yeah, you need permission, have to stop in and fill out a form at the main ranger's office.

The downside is that there is a designated area for diving, and you practically have no choice but to rent a boat to get to the spot unless you want to hike nearly a mile with all your gear.

The Rangers there also think they are a bunch of Rambos, so don't expect too much cooperation from them.

Here's a link:

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/recreation/scuba.htm#philadelphia

Marsh Creek? Anyone up for an adventure? I have a 16 foot inflatable and trailer (which I dive from in the Florida Keys) and an electric trolling motor from my 12 foot John boat. If anyone is willing to do this dive with me, let me know and it will happen!

Hey diverjed, is the water really THAT warm?
Will we need a 5 mil during the fall? or something thicker?

Bill: how many ppl can go on your boat (I'm not too good at boats) ? 'cause I wouldn't want to leave my husband-buddy at home :D

Zeina: You're not going to get very far listening to a bad liar such as myself. 6 mil should do the trick.......

Bob....anytime over the next couple of weekends would work. But you have to pop in the office on a weekday or Saturday to register before the dive. Did you see that link on PA diving?

I'd like to check that river out....the Susquehanna, river's diving is awesome and there is a lot to find.

I am serious!

My 16 foot boat will easily accomidate 4 divers and equipment. But if you never been diving from a small boat, here is how it goes:

Tanks and BC assembled and then loaded.

Exposure suits and weight belts are also donned on land.

Bring only what is absolutely needed (mask,fins, knife and light)

Carefully place your inflated BC and tank in the water and hook it to the laynard connected to the boat.

Don fins and mask and enter the water.

Don your BC and tank in the water.

Dive!

The reverse is accomplished to get out of the water. Plus the fins are chucked into the boat.

The boat has a small boarding ladder but then again, we are not expecting 6 foot rollers!

19 or 20 October is the earilest I can make this happen. I will attempt to contact the park ans determine if diving is possible this late into the season. BTW, I dive dry so air and water temperatures don't bother me. Drop me a PM if you are willing to give this a try.

Sounds like a plan. Will contact through SCUBA Board.

Sounds good, but it looks like I am going to have to convince my husband that it is a good idea :rolleyes:
Keep me posted, and I'll see what I can do :)

Back
Top Bottom