Hull Cleaning tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Pennsylvania you're required to have a boaters license on a motor-boat. I think you might be able to get away without one if you have a 3 horsepower engine and are under 12 ft. I THINK. I could be wrong though.

I think it's a good (if somewhat toothless) idea. Too many morons operating powerboats as if they were offroad vehicles.

From the web site:

Who Needs a Pennsylvania Boating
Safety Education Certificate?

Anyone born on or after January 1, 1982, operating a boat powered by a motor greater than 25 hp

Anyone operating a PWC on Pennsylvania public waters

my.Boat-Ed.com: Get Your Boating License with the Boat Pennsylvania Course

I think it's a good (if somewhat toothless) idea. Too many morons operating powerboats as if they were offroad vehicles.

From the web site:

Who Needs a Pennsylvania Boating
Safety Education Certificate?

Anyone born on or after January 1, 1982, operating a boat powered by a motor greater than 25 hp

Anyone operating a PWC on Pennsylvania public waters

my.Boat-Ed.com: Get Your Boating License with the Boat Pennsylvania Course

okay... so I was a little bit off on that one :p

Okay, well I looked into Hull-Cleaners in my area. Couldn't find a SINGLE one. So, I guess I'm gonna go down to some of the Marinas and ask them if they know anybody. But, I noticed in your pic, fastbottoms, that you had a full-face mask. Is that one of the ones that I see all over online scuba stores and e-bay? I suppose if it is, I'm gonna go and buy one of those. But, I'm curious. Is there any leakage through the mouthpiece? As far as i can tell you stick the reg-mouthpiece through the little opening? correct?

Okay, well I looked into Hull-Cleaners in my area. Couldn't find a SINGLE one.
My guess this is because boats in your area may not require hull cleaning.

But, I noticed in your pic, fastbottoms, that you had a full-face mask. Is that one of the ones that I see all over online scuba stores and e-bay?
Yes, it is the very basic, no bells, no whistles IST FFM. You may also find it in rubber, but the one you want is the silicone model.

Scuba diving gear Masks Full Face Masks at Scuba.com

I'm curious. Is there any leakage through the mouthpiece? As far as i can tell you stick the reg-mouthpiece through the little opening? correct?
You simply push the regulator flange (where the mouthpiece mounts) through the opening in the mask and secure it with a zip tie. No mouthpiece needed. It does not leak.

Last edited:
My guess this is because boats in your area may not require hull cleaning.

Yes, it is the very basic, no bells, no whistles IST FFM. You may also find it in rubber, but the one you want is the silicone model.

Scuba diving gear Masks Full Face Masks at Scuba.com

You simply push the regulator flange (where the mouthpiece mounts) through the opening in the mask and secure it with a zip tie. No mouthpiece needed. It does not leak.

Awesome. I'm gonna have to give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom