Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts our fellow Invader Chris - Chris of the Abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about an update on how Chris is doing?...Had a great time with you guys at the Invasion...hoping that your recovery is quick and complete!!

Bubs

Tell Chris that was some extreme measures to get out of cleaning all the dive gear after your trip. :wink:

Just kidding, keep getting better!

Roxanne must have been right, because as soon as I got finished rinsing out the gear last weekend, we got the call from the hospital that Chris was coming home early!!! :D

He's improving a lot every day, although he still has a pesky cough. He is grudgingly following the doctor's restrictions on activity, so he's teaching Rachel how to care for his reef tanks, and I'm learning fun stuff like sorting the recycling and swimming pool maintenance...ha! We were really shocked by all this, but the messages and calls from our fellow invaders have really lifted our spirits. Our diving may be limited for a while, but at least we have tons of pictures and fond memories of Cozumel to tide us over. And we have an MV Spree trip to daydream about, too!

Thanks for the prayers, positive thoughts and good wishes. We have so much to be grateful for!
June

We just got back from the post-surgery visit, so I had to share the news here first. The surgeon confirmed Chris has no heart damage and will have no restrictions once his sternum heals. We specifically asked about diving, and the doctor said he could start back 12 weeks post-surgery. How convenient...that timing will let us get a couple local quarry dives in before the fall Megadive. :)

Thanks again for the calls, messages, prayers and positive thoughts sent our way. It seemed like whenever our spirits would get low, one of our Scubaboard friends would pick just that moment to call or write to us. <3 you guys!!!!

June

We just got back from the post-surgery visit, so I had to share the news here first. The surgeon confirmed Chris has no heart damage and will have no restrictions once his sternum heals. We specifically asked about diving, and the doctor said he could start back 12 weeks post-surgery. How convenient...that timing will let us get a couple local quarry dives in before the fall Megadive. :)

Thanks again for the calls, messages, prayers and positive thoughts sent our way. It seemed like whenever our spirits would get low, one of our Scubaboard friends would pick just that moment to call or write to us. <3 you guys!!!!

June

AWESOME
NEWS

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thank You
For The Update
See You At
MEGA-DIVE

Back
Top Bottom