hudson river diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dieseldog

Reaction score
any divers out there who know of an online tide and current chart for the Hudson river ? I have been looking for an on line eldrige but no such luck so far.

also any divers interested in diving the hudson river in the Yonkers area?

thanks

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Looks like your Intro was moved here for better coverage. :thumb:

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:bandit_2: don

smiley-linie-005.gif

The only way I'd dive in the Hudson near Yonkers would be in a rubber drysuit with dryhood, drygloves, and a full face mask.

I kayaked all the way around Manhattan and that stuff was dark and vile. My drytop still smells.

My husband has had to dive (for work) in the Delaware River, between Philadelphia and Camden. If we lived closer he'd probably take you up on the deal! Welcome to the board!

The only person I know that dives anywhere in the Hudson is a commercial diver. He has a support team and it is needed. The water is much cleaner now than it used to be though. My issue with it would be the current. Nasty stuff. Of course the total lack of visibilty, cold, and trash can be dealt with but who would want to? Water water all around and not a drop to dive in Manhattan, lol!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom