HUD Mask. Next best thing or snake oil?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can see the advantages of a heads-up display for something that needs to be critically monitored second-to-second, like you ppO2. Decompression status and gas remaining just doesn't require that sort of precision, occasionally glancing down at your wrist is more than often and fast enough. But it is a fun toy.

My G/F and I both have them and love them. They are really nice and the mask's fit and feel great. For me I find the nicest thing is that I have the depth right in front of me so I always know exactly where I am depth wise and know right away whether I need to exhale or inhale or let/add air. It's a nice added bonus that you have your Air/divetime etc.. there too. I have had mine for over a year and have about 35ish dives with it. No complaints with yet. Works everytime like it's supposed to. For a while I was diving my Datamask and my Oceanic Proplus2 as a back-up. My G/F dives her Maska dn a NItek Duo as Back up. I bought both my mask's used. You find them on here from 6-800. If you want hands free this is the way to go. I fins it does add a safety factor into diving having all your info directly in front of you.

Nightvision would be nice should you have the need to do any covert stealth operations.

Night Vision with HUD and rear camera display (like for cars) now that would be cool...

Night Vision with HUD and rear camera display (like for cars) now that would be cool...

since we are "going big", how about the complete "Sync" system like Ford has.....

Ok now if I can monitor my depth, air supply, ppO2, dive time, and NDL, listen to mp3s, send and recieve e-mails, order a pizza, and book travel all from my mask while diving I could be a buyer at $1,000.00

hahaha, I would totally pay for a nightvision mask!! I don't know how necessary it would be, but there's almost nothing cooler than nightvision!! I can see it now as the new marketing ploy for rebreathers. Buy a rebreather, get a free nightvision mask!! lmao!!

Now Im thinking they should come back out with the K-10 Hyrdospeeder and mount all this fancy crap to it. Night Vision, Rear cameras, HUD, Rebreather, DPV all rolled into one. If they can do it for 10k im in.

by now the OP must think we are all nuts!
To the OP: I think what everyone here is trying to say is keep your gear simple,"less is more" write that down.

Back
Top Bottom