HTS1 weight and back plate questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RyanSMF

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I have the HTS1 with the oxycheq machv wing and I am setting up the HTS QLR weight system. There is a helper
strap on each weight pocket with a male quick disconnect. Which female clip do I need to get and how is it supposed
to attach to the harness? I was going to try to find something to attach it to the shoulder D-ring.
Or I also thought about cutting them off, good or bad idea?

Also I may dive with double tanks someday and I'm wondering what my options are for backplates.
I know hollis recommends the hts plates but I am
wondering if I could put a full backplate on it or what all of my options are. I cant really find a whole lot of information about this so I appreciate the help.

Hi Ryan, the male quick disconnect on the weight pocket eliminates the existing strap from the waist to the shoulder and clips into the harness. Regarding backplates, YES these can be threaded onto the harness although they would only serve to add additional ballast. Our HTS are the proper form of attachment, but both can be used together.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Hi, I have the HTS1 with the oxycheq machv wing and I am setting up the HTS QLR weight system. There is a helper
strap on each weight pocket with a male quick disconnect. Which female clip do I need to get and how is it supposed
to attach to the harness? I was going to try to find something to attach it to the shoulder D-ring.
Or I also thought about cutting them off, good or bad idea?

Also I may dive with double tanks someday and I'm wondering what my options are for backplates.
I know hollis recommends the hts plates but I am
wondering if I could put a full backplate on it or what all of my options are. I cant really find a whole lot of information about this so I appreciate the help.

Thanks for the reply Nick, I thought that was how the weights attached. I guess I have the wrong ones then because the male clip is way smaller than the female on the harness. Ill get a hold of the shop I bought it from then. Is that smaller
clip for the HTS2 maybe?

Here's a pic of them.

Attachments

• bc.jpg
    bc.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 188
I ordered the right ones and they sent me the wrong ones, we were baffled trying to figure it out, thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom