HTMS Sarasin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what I have got so far! Not as yet verified, apart from the Hardeep (which was bang on):-

The Bremen Shipwreck N12'40.092", E100'48.852"
The Hardeep Wreck,28m N012'31.965, E100'57.355"
Pottery Wreck, Pattaya N12'54.943", E100'50.166"
Liberty Wreck1, N12'18.217", E100'27.929"
Liberty Wreck2, N12'18.173", E100'24.998"
Liberty Wreck3, N12'18.573", E100'25.179"

Does anyone run trips out to these wrecks?
I know a number of people who would be interested to dive them.

I know one centre that runs trips to the Hardeep & Bremen quite regular.
They had talked about running one out to the Sarasin (that is why I was tring to find the GPS co-ordinates). Trying to talk them into running one out to the liberty wrecks too (now I have the co-ordinates + one of the partners is a keen wreck diver).

Marlin divers in Sattahip (thai boat) run trips to the Liberty wrecks already :)

I know one centre that runs trips to the Hardeep & Bremen quite regular.
They had talked about running one out to the Sarasin (that is why I was tring to find the GPS co-ordinates). Trying to talk them into running one out to the liberty wrecks too (now I have the co-ordinates + one of the partners is a keen wreck diver).

Marlin divers in Sattahip (thai boat) run trips to the Liberty wrecks already :)

Thanks for that. I will speak to them next time I get chance. Be nice to dive something different in pattaya.

I used to run trips out to these wrecks years ago, we called it the '3 wreck trip'.

We left Pattaya pier at about midnight (make sure you buddy up and take care,it's the most dangerous part of the trip), dive all day and back about 9pm the next night.

I used Gere's boat , the man has hundreds of marks and gave us different wrecks every trip, some good,some not so good, but a wreck's a wreck, right? Even the worst one is more interesting than lumps of coral, to me anyway!

The Liberty wrecks are in about 25, 30m, bit netty, bit silty, but interesting.Your numbers are good.There's dozens of containers on the bottom around there too, no idea what's inside.

I have dozens of Gulf of Thiland marks, what is the rough location of Sarasin and I'll see if any match up.

If you fancy some long range much deeper wreck diving, I'm your man. We run regular liveaboards into the gulf. We've just returned from a trip to Cambodian/Vietnamese waters where we found the Araosan maru, 7000 tons, sunk by USS Hardhead.

Have a look at www.techthailand.com

Jamie

Last edited:
Thanks for that info very useful. Best I can do for the Sarsin is that it is at the back of Koh Rin so if you have any marks around N12' 44.3281, E100' 40.4185 that could be it.

If you fancy some long range much deeper wreck diving, I'm your man. We run regular liveaboards into the gulf. We've just returned from a trip to Cambodian/Vietnamese waters where we found the Araosan maru, 7000 tons, sunk by USS Hardhead.

Have a look at Tech Thailand

Jamie

I think there is no disputing that, I would love to get down to Koh Tao do some more training and then dive some of those deep wrecks at some point :)

I used to run trips out to these wrecks years ago, we called it the '3 wreck trip'.

We left Pattaya pier at about midnight (make sure you buddy up and take care,it's the most dangerous part of the trip), dive all day and back about 9pm the next night.

I used Gere's boat , the man has hundreds of marks and gave us different wrecks every trip, some good,some not so good, but a wreck's a wreck, right? Even the worst one is more interesting than lumps of coral, to me anyway!

The Liberty wrecks are in about 25, 30m, bit netty, bit silty, but interesting.Your numbers are good.There's dozens of containers on the bottom around there too, no idea what's inside.

I have dozens of Gulf of Thiland marks, what is the rough location of Sarasin and I'll see if any match up.

Have a look at Tech Thailand

Jamie

Sounds just like my sort of diving, we must get something organised.

There's a wreck position on the chart at N12 33.204 E100 41.931. They never seem to very accurate though.

I've got a steel wreck at N12 34.940 E100 31 090, never been there so unconfirmed but the numbers came from a reliable fisherman, he's produced well in the past.

If it's a Japnese maru with billions of stolen WW2 gold, you can buy me a beer.

If you go let me know,

Cheers

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom