hp steel tank ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chances are the guy who served you (failed to serve you) needs to be taken aside by the owner and educated. If this shop is local to where you live and convenient, see if you can talk to the owner/manager and get some straight answers, if not, then find another LDS.

c

In the water when full, the X8-130 (11.7 lbs) is not much heavier than the X7-100 (10 lbs), so the sink like a rock reference isn't quite accurate. However, the X8-130 may feel like a rock/boulder on your back due to its size.

In the water when empty, the X8-130 (2 lbs) actually weighs less than the X7-100 (2.5 lbs).

Worthington Cylinders

The 130 only weighs 1 pound more and is only 1.5" taller than the 119, and holds 8.4 ft3 more than the 119. IMO, I would think the choice is be between the 100 and the 130.

The 130 only weighs 1 pound more and is only 1.5" taller than the 119, and holds 8.4 ft3 more than the 119. IMO, I would think the choice is be between the 100 and the 130.

Beat me to it. I have both and I dive the 130's for the deeper stuff and 100's when diving shallow. As Wormzer stated, the 119's and 130's are so close in size that the 130's make way more sense.

The guy you talked to is dumber than a brick---keep looking......HP100 would be my choice--

It seems that it would be easier to obtain a proper fill on the LP steel vs. possibly not on HP steel.

So what is the reason to own HP steel? Doesn't LP make more sense and in fact may be able to hold more precious gas.

Let me know so I can decide whether or not I should replace my twin HP 100's with LP 104's
Thanks

It seems that it would be easier to obtain a proper fill on the LP steel vs. possibly not on HP steel.

So what is the reason to own HP steel? Doesn't LP make more sense and in fact may be able to hold more precious gas.

Let me know so I can decide whether or not I should replace my twin HP 100's with LP 104's
Thanks

For a small guy like me (145#) the HP100 is an ideal tank and does not weigh too much on land (-33#). A HP100 is equivalent to a LP80 in that it holds 80 cu ft of gas at 2640PSI and a 100 cu ft at 3442 PSI. It is true that a LP104 tank will hold more gas, especially with an overfill; a LP104 tank is equivalent to an HP130 and will hold 104 cu ft of gas at 2640 PSI and 130 cu ft of gas at 3442 PSI. But it is a little more heavy on land (-43#)

So I own 2 HP100 single tanks and will eventually double them up. I have no problem getting a full fill

Sean

5500psi would even be over the hydrostat test pressure of a 3442psi SCUBA tank.

not to mention over the burst disk pressure

they take about a 3700 psi fill hot to be at rated pressure cool,the problem I have is they fill them to 3400-3500 if I am lucky and they cool down to about 3200 psi but it still is quite a bit of air but it still pisses me off getting a short fill esp. when they have 4500 psi banked.

Worst fill I ever got on one of my 119's was 2900psi. When the shop owner(that is the sad part) finished filling it, it was so hot that i didn't want to hold it by anything other than the valve. He had no bath for cooling the tanks while filling and had no storage banks, so it was filled right off the compressor. That was my one and only trip to that shop. I usually can get a 3500psi fill, but they are sometimes 3200-3300.

Last edited:
This may sound like a dumb question (but aren't there only dumb answers!) but is there a good link to a site or forum that explains all the ins and outs of LP/HP/AL, pressure and capacity and weight etc?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom