Hp steel 120 din to yoke question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No that valve looks like a 300 bar to me. The fact that someone has nitrox cleaned the tank and added an O2 clean sticker doesn't change the valve.

Thanks for your help guys .. I guess I'm just gonna have to get a yoke to din conversion for my regs and get a din to yoke adapter so I can still use the other yoke tanks . Does this sound like a logical thing to do? Sorry for all the questions this is my first hp steel tank I've had and first din setup . My last question someone may be able to answer . If I get a 300 bar conversion kit for my 1st stage of my regs , does this regulate or make it safe on my second stage? Is it ok to still use on my lp al80 tanks too with the adapter? Is there anything else special I need to do for my second stage ?

I suggest you try and trade this tank for another tank with a more "standard" valve that can be both DIN and Yoke.

But to answer your questions, there is nothing to worry about if you convert your reg to DIN and use a yoke adapter when needed.

you may get lucky and find a 7/8" 200 bar valve - they were made but are kind of scarce these days. I'm not aware of anyone still producing them. I gave up and converted my regs to DIN and bring a yoke adapter for travel

3500psi tanks are "legally" supposed to be DIN only.

MUCH easier to just get a tank that uses the common 3/4 valve that can do both DIN and Yoke.

I just acquired a hp steel 120 and it has a din valve on it . It was born in 92 and is current on viz and hydro. The valve says 3442psi on it . First question is , is this a 200 bar or 300 bar valve? Second question is what can I do the cheapest to use it with a yoke reg till next year when I viz it and can just change the valve out if needed then .

As others have said, that's a 7/8" neck tank with a 300 bar DIN valve. There are no 200 bar valves available that will fit that size neck so the only way you can use it is with a DIN regulator.

If all your stuff is yoke you may be better off selling your hp steel and buying one that has (or will accept) a 200 bar valve that can utilize a "donut" screw in to be used with your yoke regulator.

Or you can switch your regulator and your other tanks to DIN.

It's a real hassle having a mixture of yoke and DIN tanks. I found it problematic to keep track of a DIN-to-yoke adapter that I needed for some dives but not others, and eventually switched all the gear I use regularly to DIN.

you may get lucky and find a 7/8" 200 bar valve - they were made but are kind of scarce these days. I'm not aware of anyone still producing them. I gave up and converted my regs to DIN and bring a yoke adapter for travel
That's what I'm gonna do , thanks

Ended up ordering a conversion for my regs . I'm gonna get an adaptor to use for the yoke tanks

Thanks guys

Yoke is a very convenient connection but with the DIN, I've never had any issues getting a good reg-to-valve seal. Can't say that for a yoke, My only advise for you is watch that 300 bar valve. The material around the thread form seems to be a bit thinner than on the 200 bar valves and can get deformed if it takes a hit to the top edge. You can buy screw in inserts but I didn't see the need.

Back
Top Bottom