Hp steel 120 din to yoke question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bestshooter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just acquired a hp steel 120 and it has a din valve on it . It was born in 92 and is current on viz and hydro. The valve says 3442psi on it . First question is , is this a 200 bar or 300 bar valve? Second question is what can I do the cheapest to use it with a yoke reg till next year when I viz it and can just change the valve out if needed then .

Thanks guys

Post a picture of the valve.

If it's not a 300bar din valve, the Cheapest option is getting a DIN to Yoke converter donut to screw in.

IMG_4496.JPG
IMG_4495.JPG

Think I saw TP5250 in the pictures.

Does it say 3500 on the tank?

That's probably a 7/8 skinny neck tank. Those are DIN only.

That looks the same as a 300 bar valve on one of my tanks. Looks like a 7 thread (300Bar) DIN from here.
That valve cannot be converted to yolk. You'll need to either convert your regs to DIN or replace the entire valve with a Yolk compatible valve.

Hmm in that article it says that 300 bar valves do not do nitrox. This tank is nitrox . Does this mean it is a 200 bar?

IMG_4498.PNG
Here's a big picture of it helps .. manufactured by press steel in 92

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom