HP Seat - any one with a bit of magic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Ed:
Incidentally, what does a cone seat look like? ( i bet it looks like a cone...) And what regs use em?

Yeah...

Below is a picture from Creed. You can got to this thread to read more about it:
http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1527

It belongs to a single stage Healthways regulator of his, but the seat also looks identical to the first stage of a Sportsways. Poseidon used a metal cone with a Nylon orifice, and even now a days I think that I have seen others with cone seats.

100_1069.jpg

From Creeds description:
"The bottom row are the original Healthways internals. The top are slightly modified Conshelf internals, along with a USD Titan orifice."

Creed
I hope you don't mind, your picture was just handy.

I knew i recognized the top row from somewhere! :D

Except for the crown assembly, they look like my USD Pro Diver internals.

I was going to ask about the lower section, about balancing and all that, but it piqued my curiousity so much, I'm going to read more about vintage double hoses and how they work.

Thanks for the links! :D

Doc Ed:
I knew i recognized the top row from somewhere! :D

Except for the crown assembly, they look like my USD Pro Diver internals.

I was going to ask about the lower section, about balancing and all that, but it piqued my curiousity so much, I'm going to read more about vintage double hoses and how they work.

Thanks for the links! :D

The bottom one is not balanced. As I mentioned, it actually belongs in a single stage regulator. It has a high mechanical advantage lever mechanism and drops tank pressure in one stage. Some single stage regulators breath fairly decent as long as the tank pressure is not too high (below 2000 psi).

Basically the same mechanism (or very similar) as the bottom row is what the first stage of some Sportsways look like.

The top row could belong to many different US Divers (now Aqua Lung ) regulators, the Conshelf, the Titan, etc. But the first regulator to use that mechanism was the Royal Aqua Master double hose regulator. It was introduced around 1965 and later on, when the Conshelf was introduce, it was advertised as having the same reliable mechanism as the highly respected Royal Aqua Master. 42 years later they are still using the same first stage, I guess that is a well proven design. It is extremely reliable.

Back
Top Bottom