HP or LP ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info ya'll, I've pretty much decided on HP's probably the 120's but maybe the 119's. I can always underfill them if I want to and still have plenty of gas. I'm 6'2" so longer cylinders wont be to bad on me and I pretty much work out everyday so the weight wont be an issue either. Just got to choose the one that will trim out best for me. I thought about going with 130's but that seems a little much especially if I double them in the future.

The Worthington X series HPs are nice. I have the X7-100, and it's two inches shorter than an AL80, 10 lb. negative when full and 2.5 lbs negative when empty. With a 3k psi fill, it's still ~85 cu ft., so it holds plenty. Also ships with a DIN valve with a yoke insert, so it's a very flexible valve. I lost close to 10 pounds of weight vs. AL80...stilll tweaking the weight adjustment.

First tank should be one that will last you some hundreds of dives for regular diving, not fit any/all extraordinary needs. I did my first couple hundred on an Aluminum-80 worked fine.

Worthington HP-100 seems to me about the perfect tank, for COLD-WATER diving here in NorCal that is. I just switched over to DIN tonight too, finally have my setup the way I wanted it.

By the time you get to trimix, the cost of the right tank for that particular need will be the tiniest of your expenses.

Lets see... I use for a single tank,,,st130-hp.......for doubles a set of st85's-lp and for deco's al80's & al50's. Also have a al19 for rec. pony bottle use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom