How's your boat set up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouch!

My boat set-up is fairly basic.... SS tree ladder at slight offset off the offshore bracket. Basic tank rack that holds 6 tanks.... Basic mooring ball that I use as a tag line and also sometimes use it along with a 15 lb downrigger ball to mark dive sites for live boat pick-up / dives. Just drop divers up current from the marker ball and they can than have a visual decent / ascent line. Once I go down either the live boat line line or my anchor line if on the hook, I clip a super bright Big Blue strobe about 10-15ft off the bottom to make it easier to find the ascent line.

Also..... I use my heavy hauler shrimp / crab pot davit power puller so once divers return to the boat they can just fully inflate their rigs and then climb out of them to clip a pull line around the tank valve so we can use the puller to bring the diver gear back onboard and can more easily climb the ladder.

PS...... I really prefer the "tree" ladder" as it's a fins on climb. If there's current and I slip or miss the ladder for any reason then I want my fins on. If on the anchor then I always run a 50 ft tag line off the stern just in case...

2DmVsBY.jpg

Fjd7ZoR.jpg

Maxbottomtime....... WOW! That is a flipp'n awesome boat and set-up you have there!!! Absolutely beautiful!!

Back
Top Bottom