Hows this look?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a lot of personal choice in gear, but FWIW, I would make the following comments/changes:

* Aqualung Micra Adjustable Regulator (Consider the Titan LX instead if you are going with Aqua Lung. I believe it is a better reg.)
* SeaQuest Diva LX BC (Should be fine as long as you like a "jacket style" BC. You might want to consider a back inflate from Zeagle, Aqualung or others)(A BPW might also work, but contraty to the claims of the cultists, they are not a good choice for everyone)
* SeaQuest AirSource Inflator/alt. air combo (I prefer a standard octo)
* Genesis Resource/Air Pressure Gauge Combo (I know nothing about this product.)
* Tusa Cetus fins (I don't know anything about these. Tusa usually offers good stuff at a good price. Have you looked at the Seawing Nova fins...they are very popular)
* Tusa Spledive IV mask (Entirely a case of what fits well)
* Scubapro Flip Snorkel (Personal preference)
* Henderson Octotropic Booties (Purely personal preference. If you might be going to Bonaire, consider something with a pretty good sole)
* Princeton Tec 400 or 40 light (I would check out the lights from Intova)

Good luck.

Uh, you guys do realise that this thread was last posted to in Sept 2000. (As a side note, I've been keeping track for a couple of years now, and this is now the zombiest thread revival at 11 years 5 months 22-odd days, which is almost 2 years longer than the previous record holder. :D)

Just as amusing is the fact that it was resurrected to point the OP to a BP/W. Nothing like fanning the flames of a good religous war LOL.

Just as amusing is the fact that it was resurrected to point the OP to a BP/W. Nothing like fanning the flames of a good religous war LOL.

was just about to advise that the Micra was cut from Aqualungs production some years ago until I read your post and too noted the date...it's only 12 years old lol.....

What would really be interesting in cases like this, is to have the OP post again, after several years of experience, and tell SB how the choices worked out.

until I read your post and too noted the date...it's only 12 years old lol.....
And, as appears to be the case with many SB'ers, it appears that the OP joined, preseumably to get a gear opinion, posted the list 3 days later, made a total of 5 posts over 12 months, and hasn't posted anything since 2001. However, I would add that her last post was, perhaps ominously, September 10, 2001.

And, as appears to be the case with many SB'ers, it appears that the OP joined, preseumably to get a gear opinion, posted the list 3 days later, made a total of 5 posts over 12 months, and hasn't posted anything since 2001. However, I would add that her last post was, perhaps ominously, September 10, 2001.

Hopefully just a coincidence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom