Hows this for a starter kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They'r basically the same. I like my back inflate BC because it leaves my whole front area pretty unobstructed. Overall though the differences are minimal. You'll get used to either kind. I always have a pistol style light and my camera both clipped to the front of my BC so it's crowded enough without the bladder too.

Kevin K:
Scubapro from LDS. Glide Plus or Classic 2 bcd with AIR 2. mk25 1st with 600s second. Yeah, I know bp and plate- I'm a rookie not a pro. Sunto Viper. What else??? I'm so excited!!!!!

Whatever BCD you're comfortable in is the one for you.

Lot's of good said about your 1st stage and primary second.

Lot's of controversy about the air-2 but it is legitimate so it's up to you.

Why do you need a computer? Hold the cash for now and begin with tables, your rookie dives shouldn't even be teasing the tables to begin with. As your adventures grow and your air usage drops you will have a better perspective from which to invest in a computer. JMO

I forget, are any of those weight integrated? Going hard or soft for the belt?

Pete

Sounds fine. I use a lot of Scubapro: MK20 first, D400 second, AIR2, and air integrated comp.

The AIR2 needed some extra zip ties and duct tape.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with the whole rig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom