How's the weather in Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zagnut

Reaction score
I will soon be heading off to Grand Cayman and I was wondering if that hurricane that blew past the Caymans on it's way to the Yucatan messed up the diving conditions any.

I believe the forecast for GC this weekend is scattered showers. I guess the clouds will block out some sun, taking a little color out of the reef. I'm hoping that is the extent of any loss of visibility. Can anyone give me the skinny on the current diving conditions in GC?

How's the vis down there? :confused:

HI Zagnut:
How are you, and your beautiful wife? Please tell her I said "Hi".
I was in GC in April. Where are you staying?
Here is a web site that might help.
Have fun!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

"Claudette" was a pussy cat. All she did was leave us some rain and a little bit of wind... nothing major. Weather is back to normal for this time of year... partly cloudy with a chance of an afternoon shower...
Viz on the North Wall today was 100 ft. + and the Eagle Rays were in full swing. Spotted an 8 ft. Hammerhead yesterday and a 5-6 ft. black tip... sweet!
Have a blast!

Thanks Casey!
I appreciate the info. That's what I was hoping to hear. Man! That must be the life! On any given day you're likely to see eagle rays, hammerheads and black tips! On any given day, the most interesting and unusual thing I'm likely to see is maybe a hick pickin' his nose at a red light. :eek: Thanks again for the update.

Hey Natasha!
Thanks for the link. It looks like we'll be in the clear as far as storms go (knock on wood).
How ya doin'? Kathleen and I are both doing fine. We will staying at the Cayman Diving Lodge on the East End.
It's good to see you frequenting the boards again. I know you were pretty busy there for a while, what with the move and all. I hope you are liking Texas thus far. You're one of us now! :wink: Yay!
We look forward to seein' you and David at the next big Nortern/Southern Swampdiver get together. It's dang hot and humid down there where you are. I hope you have had a chance to cool off in one of those cool spring fed quarries that Dee, Beast and the rest of the southern gang like to frequent. They make me jealous with all the fun they have down there. :eek:ut:

Thanks everyone for all the great Cayman tips and info that helped me plan my trip! I can't wait!!.... Ah! Carribean Blue!.....My favorite color!
:tree:

Back
Top Bottom