Hows the diving at Willow Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toolbox-13

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Wreck Valley Divers,
Just wondering how the diving is at Willow Springs. Anyone who can let me know if its worth the trip (about 3 hours for me). Let me know of the positive and the negatives. Thanks for any help...:)

Toolbox-13:
Hello Wreck Valley Divers,
Just wondering how the diving is at Willow Springs. Anyone who can let me know if its worth the trip (about 3 hours for me). Let me know of the positive and the negatives. Thanks for any help...:)
I would say it's pretty much like Dutch Springs but not as deep and much less visibilty. ANd no toys to play on like the new topside attractions at Dutch. Maybe 5-8 feet of viz when I was last there two years ago. One trip was good for my wife and I. Wouldn't do it again unless I lived close by. Great low viz practice in a safe environment. Nice facilties and a dive shop. If ya have nothing better to do and want to stay over and camp a night then maybe it's worth it. Go to shorediving.com and look it up. Detailed info and reviews...Have fun!

I went on Sunday. The ride was about 2 1/2 hours for me. Vis was about 10 feet. The diving was okay the ship called the quest was neat and the caboose was okay. Nothing great though. I went once and wouldn't go back because Dutch is closer and has better vis.

Hambleto and Ben (Dad) are going up on Sat. morning. I'm hoping to join them, since I've not dove there. They have a lot of stuff in the water. Yes, I heard the viz is crap, but what the heck....I'll dive anywhere and they are both about the same distance for me. @ 45 minutes.

The vis is not that great but Willow is nice because I have never seen it crowded. They have some neat attractions and is a great place to work on skills or just have a good time. Last time I was there the vis was pretty bad but there had been ALOT of rain that week. When I have been there in the winter the viz is 20' or so (except after the polar bear swim where it drops to 5').

As far as this Saturday I hope to get there around 9 or so depending on traffic and when I roll out of bed. I will be over by the Diver Shack on the left when you go through the gate.
Take care!
Ben

Thanks for the invite, unfortunatly Saturdays are never good for me, I have a shop I need to be at Saturdays, maybe one Sunday we can hook up, or Mon, Tues, sometimes Wed are better for me. I have been doing some diving in the West Branch of the Susquehanna River, and some of the tributaries that feed into it. So far I have found 11 dive sites and am looking to check out a few more in the comming weeks. I may even do a Local Dive site map for NorthCentral Pennsylvania, but I have alot of area to cover. Maybe thats a pipe Dream...I allways like finding new places to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom